show of hands, who likes supercharger whine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the spooling of big turbos. Enjoyed my centrifugal supercharger sound as well. The whine of a roots blower is not bad either….

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Had a Paxton supercharged Fbody back in the day. TRX is tempting me more and more everyday.

But I've been in love with Raptors since I first saw them 10 years ago.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it. Had a Paxton supercharged Fbody back in the day. TRX is tempting me more and more everyday.

But I've been in love with Raptors since I first saw them 10 years ago.
I had a Paxton SC Fbody as well a long while back. It was cute until the solid roller 406 later went in the car lol

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the sound of boost period. Loved the old Eaton M21 on my supercharged Cobalt. Loved my pully’d Terminator. Love hearing turbos spool on road tractors, love hearing the Raptor spool up. Gimme boost.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
This is not a Raptor specific question (and hopefully never will be). Ram/Dodge engineers left plenty of supercharger whine in the Hellcat power plant. Is this a turn-off or a turn-on for you? I heard it in a Hellcat Challenger test drive and walked away.

I personally would not buy a TRX if they put $40K in the glovebox, but to each his own. I’ve heard worse - a 2004 Calloway Corvette. The supercharger was mounted just forward of the firewall. The dealer tried to paint it as desirable, but seriously, does anyone prefer supercharger whine over a full throated big-block engine? Dealers sure seem to think so.
I don’t know, I kind of like it myself.
I also feel like it’s better than the fake piped in sound on the Raptor.
8909BB81-71C7-4078-8373-CE5A4B862FB4.jpeg52ADBD3A-C003-4AD2-BB23-AB2A7EF38E59.jpeg

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a '98 Tacoma with the V-6 (5VZ-FE) and I put the TRD supercharger on that. Didn't really hear it until you put your foot into it more than 50% or so, but then you knew there was some serious business going on under the hood. Never got the courage to fully wind it out, chickened out at 110 and still climbing (not quickly, but still going). Had bigger injectors and the URD piggyback ECU in it. Never dyno'd it either. Not sure that sound really matches the character of the Raptor, but it was fun as **** in the Taco.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Whoever didn’t disable that fake BS sound in Forscan deserves it. It was stupid funny for several weeks then axed it.

So are you enjoying that Hellcat thing? Lol
So far I really like the TRX. Will it be a better truck for me? I guess only time will tell. You’ll never hear me argue that one is better than the other, they each have pro’s and con’s. I liked my Raptor, but I never loved it. I’m not sure that makes any sense unless your a truck or car person.

The whole reason I’ve stuck around here is I appreciate the humor and knowledge everybody has. I’m also eager to learn more about the Raptor R as details come out. I had every intention of ordering a 3rd Gen Raptor before I ordered my TRX, but the lack of a V8 motor (especially a supercharged one) ruined that for me.