show of hands, who likes supercharger whine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not a Raptor specific question (and hopefully never will be). Ram/Dodge engineers left plenty of supercharger whine in the Hellcat power plant. Is this a turn-off or a turn-on for you? I heard it in a Hellcat Challenger test drive and walked away.

I personally would not buy a TRX if they put $40K in the glovebox, but to each his own. I’ve heard worse - a 2004 Calloway Corvette. The supercharger was mounted just forward of the firewall. The dealer tried to paint it as desirable, but seriously, does anyone prefer supercharger whine over a full throated big-block engine? Dealers sure seem to think so.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F a Dodge anyday IMO, 'cept a select few old school real Mopars.

Never understood this attraction for the charger sedan...lemme go street race with all mah crew?

Hellcat Challenger...maybe but gimme a pistol grip. The supercharger whine seems waaayyy excessive and obnoxiois to a point.

My DS-1 is noticable, like a vacuum leak. Which is what I tell most people thats what the "weird whistle" is. I don't even hear it anymore.

Do I like it...at times
Do I know there is more under that hood....yes
Do I like to advertise... no, but can't help with FI
That little whine does make me smile, so yes I do like that whine, just not a lot of it

Scottakacrash

Reaction score
I have a Jeep Trackhawk in addition to my 2020 Raptor. The supercharger whine in the TH is great and is a good match to the exhaust note. On the Raptor, the non V8 exhaust sounds don't really bother me, but the turbo sounds are more of an unappealing whistle under part throttle. It goes away under full throttle and sounds much better. I would be interested to see if this is different in a Gen 3.