show of hands, who likes supercharger whine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far I really like the TRX. Will it be a better truck for me? I guess only time will tell. You’ll never hear me argue that one is better than the other, they each have pro’s and con’s. I liked my Raptor, but I never loved it. I’m not sure that makes any sense unless your a truck or car person.

The whole reason I’ve stuck around here is I appreciate the humor and knowledge everybody has. I’m also eager to learn more about the Raptor R as details come out. I had every intention of ordering a 3rd Gen Raptor before I ordered my TRX, but the lack of a V8 motor (especially a supercharged one) ruined that for me.
That’s cool. Whatever works for each of us. The TRX is intriguing no doubt. It does have its pro’s and con’s but a lot of pro’s from what we hear. Curious to see how the long term goes. I don’t doubt the drivetrain is pretty solid. The R the R. Will Ford finally get this truck done and at what cost and availability for that matter. Stick around and see. Enjoy the new ride!

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I loved the whine on my 02 lightning . 93 454ss with wipple and 2010 raptor whipple. Went to louder exhaust on all of them and can't be heard anymore. Ever since seeing mad max when I was kid made my mom take me . Superchargers would be in my life. But I do like the turbos also and it's efficiency over a Supercharger.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-194937_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-194937_Chrome.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 9

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How is that working out?
I think it's good. I have my stereo on 95% of the time, so I never noticed the piped in engine sound. If I crank the engine, I hear the engine, if I'm taking it easy, I don't. If I hadn't read about the fake engine noise in here, I wouldn't have ever thought about it.

Last edited:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a supercharged Nissan Frontier eons ago. I liked the Eaton supercharger noise it made. Dodge's Hellcat motor makes awesome power but it doesn't transfer that power down. I enjoy watching Challenger Hellcat's getting owned by Porsche and GTRs on youtube. Makes for some good entertainment

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM got rid of supercharger whine starting with the 2012 CTS-V. I drove one at the dealer and was so elated that it had zero whine, I bought that car on the spot. 3 years later my new CTS-V coupe also had zero whine.

Interesting that about 1/2 of the respondents like a little whine with their drive. Honestly I would not have guessed that.