Ford Gen3 Raptor and it's future- R's in greater #'s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until you drive a G3 Raptor I wouldn’t rule it out. It’s so much more then it looks on paper. Goose tuned just put a bone stock G3 on the dyno and pulled the equivalent of 482 HP and 640 TQ that comes on low in the power band. The reprogramming of the 10SPD is night and day as well. The new tech and interior are extremely high end feeling And the ride from the new suspension is crazy good. It’s not just the 5 link it‘s the complete redesign of the shocks and upgraded sensing That separates the shock Monitoring and adjustments. It also puts the power down smoothly with incredible wheel hop control.

Flapjack935

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until you drive a G3 Raptor I wouldn’t rule it out. It’s so much more then it looks on paper. Goose tuned just put a bone stock G3 on the dyno and pulled the equivalent of 482 HP and 640 TQ that comes on low in the power band. The reprogramming of the 10SPD is night and day as well. The new tech and interior are extremely high end feeling And the ride from the new suspension is crazy good. It’s not just the 5 link it‘s the complete redesign of the shocks and upgraded sensing That separates the shock Monitoring and adjustments. It also puts the power down smoothly with incredible wheel hop control.
This…. Everyone only cares about a dumb V8… big whoop. Not so cool when a goose tuned 3.5 spanks a TRX and R…. That 3 second 0-60 is no joke.. most raptor people don’t care about the 5 link cause that does nothing for the Starbucks drive through interior is night and day difference on the 3rd Gen so idk why they are complaining there either. Some people man nothing suits them. They should just go drive a Prius at this point.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the absolute $hit show the G3 has been from day 1 to include delayed launch , delayed ordering, delayed details, no power upgrades, ridiculous digital dash on a performance vehicle, shifter, etc., etc. I’m just not willing to wait potentially years for the R that at this point may or may not happen based on the G3 introduction to date. I resisted but finally ordered a loaded L2 TRX effectively for $11.5k off MSRP. I’m too old to wait for stuff only to be disappointed. I’ll drive the new truck for a year and give it a shot, I’ve got nothing to lose..... if the R actually materializes and can be bought I’ll be back......

How did you manage that 11.5 off???

WTF?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
seems like a silly decision in this market. maybe someone could buy one then sell for a slight markup somewhere else

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between market saturation and rising fuel prices, TRX demand has to be slowing down considerably, not how many will admit single digit fuel economy at over $4 -approaching $5 in places per gallon for premium is a thought in their decision. That being said, if they build the R i still want one of course.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between market saturation and rising fuel prices, TRX demand has to be slowing down considerably, not how many will admit single digit fuel economy at over $4 -approaching $5 in places per gallon for premium is a thought in their decision. That being said, if they build the R i still want one of course.
Yah, some states have it worse than others.

I put 93 in my gen 3, and I pay about 3.7$/gal here in Michigan.

I wonder if buying your own barrels of fuel would be cheaper.