should i do the switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I feel there is not enough consumer testing of the live valve to tell weather it will be a maintenance trap at year 3 or not. Land Rover has been doing adaptive suspension for a while, but there are full kits to swap over to conventional coils due to the long term maintenance and cost. I understand LR is a different type of suspension but just demonstrating my point that new and fancy isn’t always the best for long term.

The Live Valve system is literally just a PWM solenoid on each shock with 2 ride height sensors and a Vehicle Dynamics Control Module (VDM) to operate the system. There is no maintenance, and the solenoids are fully serviceable separately from the shocks. The VDM is a common part shared with Lincoln models. It is nothing like the overly complex and expensive Land Rover systems.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coil springs instead of leaf springs does not equal independent rear suspension.

Independent rear suspension would have control arms and a center chunk, like the front.

It would be cool, but on a truck like this the parts necessary would need to be huge since the rear does most of the work.

It's a five link coil suspension. Good articulation without the axle wrap issues of the current set up.

Also a hybrid power train would be bad ass for off roading. Think of the possibilities....

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It's a five link coil suspension. Good articulation without the axle wrap issues of the current set up.

Also a hybrid power train would be bad ass for off roading. Think of the possibilities....
I was talking about the guy that said it had independent rear suspension, which it does not. I think he changed his post afterward.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I found a sweet deal on a 2018 lead foot , every option possible on it, it also had a Cobb intake, Rigid lights front and rear and a quad fold flush tonneau with 14,000 miles with tax and everything 61k. Tires where shot so I bought new 35/12.50/17 Ko2

However I have now found a 2019 PB one, with every option possible (Reccaro as well) except the graphics and Beadlocks

if you’re just interested in it for a short period of time and not going to keep it / mod it / off road it, why bother with the extra transaction, potential tax, title fees, etc? They’re close enough in mileage, you lose a model year though. BFD.

Live life, and devote attention to things other than should I buy the newer, shinier thing and enjoy the one you have.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why go through all that hassle and time just to gain 1 model year? If you work in any professional job it almost always costs you quite a bit of money when you factor in the cost of your TIME to deal with stuff like that. When you do the math, two or three thousand dollar decisions become significantly more expensive when you could’ve spent that time doing something else. As a contractor for example, taking an afternoon off work to drop the truck off at a shop across town instantly becomes hundreds of dollars more expensive and most people never factor that in.

Moreover, yes, the live valve shocks do deliver a felt difference in cases of off-road use (from what I have felt) but it will not deliver a discernible difference for most people on the street, and if you were able to tell a big difference there wouldn’t be a need to ask strangers for their opinion.