Do I buy my dream truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
Here is the situation, I currently have a 2021 XLT (full loaded) that’s paid off. Truck is awesome and does everything i need. My dream truck has always been a Raptor, especially now with the sick avalanche color. I found one near me that has no markup, just MSRP 84k. Dealer ran some numbers and offered 40k for mine, along with cash down, my payment would be ~600 a month. I don’t have any debt except a mortgage. After all my monthly expenses, I would be left with around 1500 to save or spend as I wish. It’s nice not having a car payment but also, this might be the last time (for a while at least) that I can get this truck. Not sure how the market will be in the upcoming months due to the UAW strikes. What are your thoughts?
I was in the same place with a 2016 Lariat, but wanted what I’ve always lusted for (relax- Talking about trucks here!) So I bought a 2020 back then I have been happy every day I drive it. You only live once, and if you can swing the price without jeopardizing the family finances, GO FOR IT!

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Until that $4k moonroof leak bill hits lol
In my 2018, the roof rattled pretty good from the beginning. Never did leak though. In my 2021, I have not heard one noise out of it in 30K miles. Most of the roof rattle stories come from Gen2 guys, I think. Or maybe the Gen3 guys are not voicing it. It does not seem to be as bad.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In my 2018, the roof rattled pretty good from the beginning. Never did leak though. In my 2021, I have not heard one noise out of it in 30K miles. Most of the roof rattle stories come from Gen2 guys, I think. Or maybe the Gen3 guys are not voicing it. It does not seem to be as bad.
Even without maintenance, it takes a few years to fail. With maintenance, it should be fine. A waste of money. A decrement to performance. But fine. :)