Upgrade, I hope.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KorthausInc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need someone to talk me off the ledge (preferably). I bought a 2019 Gen 2 Raptor 801A back in Jan of that year and it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. I just paid it off two weeks ago and thought I'd drive it for another 5 years...until I saw a 2023 Gen 3 at my local dealership and stopped to have a look. Long story short, I am now the proud owner of said new 2023 Raptor! Now, it needs to be said that both Raptors are exactly the same bodywise; Agate Black w/ black & grey interior...other than the beaded rims and height, they're identical in almost every way - it's the interior and tech that's really the upgrade IMO.
I've literally had the 2023 for a few hours, but I feel like I just left a puppy at the pound with my old truck...is this normal? I mean, I just bought what I hope is a dream truck, but I loved my 2019 so much that I'm torn. Sorry if this sounds stupid. I guess I'm just scared the new one won't be as good to me. I hope I didn't screw myself...I only had 39k on the 2019 when I traded it in; could've driven it forever. My only gripe was the Sync 3 system really...very glitch.
I'll update with my progress with the 2023. Other than tint and bedliner, not sure what I'll do. Thanks for listening.
Hahahah. I know the feeling. I had a 2020 that some crackhead wanted and stole it out of the parking garage at Denver Airport. Smoked **** and fentanyl in it for 3 days before it was recovered. It looked like they hoarded in it for 6 months. Needless to say insurance claimed it total loss because of the **** and fentanyl. I LOVED that truck. It was dialed in the way I wanted it. Needless to say I purchased the same color package 2023, and initially I was like “ok this is cool, but it’s not my 2020”. The Gen 2 felt more sporty, the Gen3 feels more luxury lazy. I like the fact that it is a link system now and it drives and handles like a champ. It is slowly becoming every bit as loved as the 2020. They are both truly amazing!! My two cents.

OP
OP
derekbw

derekbw

Reaction score
Hahahah. I know the feeling. I had a 2020 that some crackhead wanted and stole it out of the parking garage at Denver Airport. Smoked **** and fentanyl in it for 3 days before it was recovered. It looked like they hoarded in it for 6 months. Needless to say insurance claimed it total loss because of the **** and fentanyl. I LOVED that truck. It was dialed in the way I wanted it. Needless to say I purchased the same color package 2023, and initially I was like “ok this is cool, but it’s not my 2020”. The Gen 2 felt more sporty, the Gen3 feels more luxury lazy. I like the fact that it is a link system now and it drives and handles like a champ. It is slowly becoming every bit as loved as the 2020. They are both truly amazing!! My two cents.
Sorry to hear about your previous ride....ugh. I think you nailed it; the Gen definitely has a little more attitude/swagger where as the Gen 3 is a ton smarter and luxurious. I think the more I push it, the more I'll come to appreciate it and will find its swagger. No doubt the Gen 3 is an amazing truck.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s sad is I’m needing subtitles for this?! I must be getting to old…
Hahah sorry i speak like a zoomer sometimes. I was speaking in regards to if its “ worth it” and i listed the upgrades that I do believe they are.
-Coil sprung rear
- adjustable exhaust that already has the loop for better sound
- the shifter is undesirable to me however . Gen 2 is better.

KorthausInc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your previous ride....ugh. I think you nailed it; the Gen definitely has a little more attitude/swagger where as the Gen 3 is a ton smarter and luxurious. I think the more I push it, the more I'll come to appreciate it and will find its swagger. No doubt the Gen 3 is an amazing truck.
Thank you.