Upgrade, I hope.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
derekbw

derekbw

Reaction score
Wow, if you think this is hating on you then you really haven't bothered to look around FRF

This forum shares a shit ton of great info AND gives a ton of good hearted ribbing -- especially when one fails to post pictures of the truck (hint hint -- no pictures means you are a prius driving Raptor owner wanna be)

The real hating is saved for gummie spam and new members who expect the forum members to rehash all the info already shared previously
Makes sense, understood. Posted pics. Will upload more as the adventure continues.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always tough letting something go that you had a connection to.

Advice: make new memories in your Gen 3. Go for a road trip, see something, take it somewhere new, take it off-road, go camping in it. In short - enjoy your new baby!
This, Sold my 2020 for a 2023. It is odd to spend a lot of time in a vehicle, on road, off road, talking about it, wrenching on it, road trips etc. Then one day after an hour in finance and 5 mins collecting your cell phone chargers, it’s all over. That 5 mins at the end doesn’t feel right, but zero regrets here!! I did go back to the dealer a week later to get my tint installed and lo and behold one of the only spots left was next to my old truck. Unexpected final goodbye lol. Have fun with the new truck!!

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback...didn't know there was a minimum engagement policy to enjoy other's posts on the site.
So talking about upgrading is now crying? I'm pretty sure most people on this site have had multiple Raptors with similar situations as me and just wanted their opinion (and clearly not yours). I'm sorry I bothered you with my post; please go back to your safe space while I enjoy my ride.
Just a little sensitive? The one thing you will learn about this forum if you choose to stick around is you have to take the good and the bad opinions or comments.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell I went from an 18 XLT to a 20 Loaded Raptor and missed my XLT.

Not for long though ;)

But after rims& tires, tint, full stereo, all badges upgraded, full sound deadening, side steps, tail light upgrade, tinted tail lights, new bed cover, 4" lift...I was invested.

Both in this pic.
18XLT.jpg

OP
OP
derekbw

derekbw

Reaction score
This, Sold my 2020 for a 2023. It is odd to spend a lot of time in a vehicle, on road, off road, talking about it, wrenching on it, road trips etc. Then one day after an hour in finance and 5 mins collecting your cell phone chargers, it’s all over. That 5 mins at the end doesn’t feel right, but zero regrets here!! I did go back to the dealer a week later to get my tint installed and lo and behold one of the only spots left was next to my old truck. Unexpected final goodbye lol. Have fun with the new truck!!
Thank you...that's exactly how I feel. Yeah, maybe I'm stupid for not driving it longer without a payment, or trading in a truck that hadn't had a single issue in 5 years, but I don't see many new Raptors on lots around here (for long), let alone the exact look I like, and it wasn't marked up to high heaven so I pounced.
Seeing today if my Bakflip MX4 from the 2019 will fit on the 2023. Enjoy the day!

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both trucks are great. They will be slightly different. Just don’t compare the new one to the old one. You did purchase a new truck, with new design and upgrades. It is what it is. If you wanted it to drive exactly like your Gen 2, you should’ve stayed in your Gen 2.