Should I buy a 2012 Raptor 6.2L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

picklearmy

Reaction score
Get your feet under you financially then afford better toys later, IMO. Start out with something you can float debt free and with lower operating costs.

No way in hell I'd trust some random stranger to take payments. Something is benefitting him, most likely the thought you'll miss one and he'll take it back. Or he just takes it back because he held the title while you made payments. Does he want them in cash only, gift cards, etc? No papertrail?
good question, that was kinda my thought too. I haven't asked too much about the whole payment thing yet mainly because I'm not sure if I should even get it but if I did I would do it over etransfer or something where there's always proof. but yeah that's a little concerning I agree

OP
OP
P

picklearmy

Reaction score
It's cheap but as usually you have what for you pay ...This truck will ruin you , except if you have enough money to restore it, bcs yes , the key word is "complete restoration"
yea, I would love to completely restore it eventually but I would only be able to start in a few months time, and it would be my daily till then so if something went wrong then I wouldn't be able to fix it until then, which could be pretty terrible

OP
OP
P

picklearmy

Reaction score
Or just find a solid f150 within your price range. Pay it off, do all required maintenance. THEN, do a Raptor suspension swap. You will have Gen 1 suspension capabilities, with the lower insurance rate of a regular f150.
not a terrible idea i could look into that

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This guy has all the details on doing an f150 Raptor swap.

OP
OP
P

picklearmy

Reaction score
This guy has all the details on doing an f150 Raptor swap.
awesome thanks my man!

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the year and location, rust looked better than I expected.
But I have to agree with most others here.
I have an '11 and REALLY like it a LOT, but short drive to work and no winter driving with it.
I have other vehicles, wife has her's, kids have their's.
My position is different so I would do something else like posted earlier.
Good luck
Happy shopping