Do I buy my dream truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mario4147

Reaction score
I was going to buy the raptor and the day I was going to drive up, the dealer sold it. I managed to find another dealer with the same config but with a markup. I got them down to MSRP, just need to talk them into giving me top dollar for my trade in. What do you all think is a fair price for my 2021 XLT? It’s lead foot, pretty much every feature you could get. So far 40k has been the common number but I’m wondering if I could get more. I noticed used trucks are starting to drop in price. I only got 17k miles.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I was going to buy the raptor and the day I was going to drive up, the dealer sold it. I managed to find another dealer with the same config but with a markup. I got them down to MSRP, just need to talk them into giving me top dollar for my trade in. What do you all think is a fair price for my 2021 XLT? It’s lead foot, pretty much every feature you could get. So far 40k has been the common number but I’m wondering if I could get more. I noticed used trucks are starting to drop in price. I only got 17k miles.

Better to check the price of your trade in on KBB or Car whatever than a bunch of dudes on the internet.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better to check the price of your trade in on KBB or Car whatever than a bunch of dudes on the internet.

Hit all the internet buying sites too. You will get an idea what the market supports and then you have ammo to bargain with. And if you haven't learned already, you need to execute. Raptors at good prices do not last long

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, in my case it was important to still have a  truck at home for doing truck stuff. I've got a 2012 3.5 ecoboost SCREW for everyday chores, I wouldn't want to take a Raptor to the dump, haul 3 huskies around, load up lumber & steel, etc. I compare it to mature guys who have that classic 'vette or porsche they've always wanted, yet they keep a "normal" car for daily stuff.