Kill Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Ravelcos on my whole fleet. They work great as long as my guys take the chips out lol. Also, remember to send receipts to your insurance company right away when you add any modifications to your vehicle so it is added to your policy. I’m not sure if that’s how it works for everyone, but that’s how my policies work. I also get a discount for installing Ravelcos on every vehicle.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I suppose. I still dont care if mine get's stolen.
We don’t care if yours gets stolen either.
If mine gets stolen I hope they hit something hard. I don’t want it back
IDK, I have a bunch of mods, it took me a bunch of time and effort to install them and I have the truck “like I want it”. Sure, I could land another Jen Too, but if it’s bone stock I have go to the trouble of setting it back up like I have mine now.

Pass.
That’s why I had one installed. Two stolen from my apt complex
Dude?! You have a Raptor, but live in an apartment complex?
Double Ewe
Tee
Eff

You’re asking to get jacked.

insurance doesn't cover the small extras you put into the truck and paying the ADM for a new truck. Then add in finding a new truck and the time spent driving a rental. It seems pretty easy to just simply use a cheap kill switch to avoid this from happening and have the thieves move on to the next target.
+1
I have a buddy that recently had his R stolen the same day he brought it home. The police recovered it after 17 days so insurance won’t pay the claim. The truck was trashed and was throwing all sorts of drivetrain codes (apparently the thieves were running around in Baja mode on the pavement while doing ******* based on the amount of baggies thrown about). Meanwhile the truck has been sitting in the shop since it was recovered two months ago while Ford waits for parts to fix it. So on top of the damage he also gets the privilege of having a theft recovery title now as well.
Wait, WHAT? I thought that’s what insurance was for. I read it RIGHT HERE on FRF, so it has to be true.

Yes. And I still didnt care. Car was found a couple of days later, got a check a couple of days after that.
Ok, great. Understand that not all of us feel that way or have the same life experience.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We don’t care if yours gets stolen either.

IDK, I have a bunch of mods, it took me a bunch of time and effort to install them and I have the truck “like I want it”. Sure, I could land another Jen Too, but if it’s bone stock I have go to the trouble of setting it back up like I have mine now.

Pass.

Dude?! You have a Raptor, but live in an apartment complex?
Double Ewe
Tee
Eff

You’re asking to get jacked.

+1

Wait, WHAT? I thought that’s what insurance was for. I read it RIGHT HERE on FRF, so it has to be true.

Ok, great. Understand that not all of us feel that way or have the same life experience.
So you think insurance just automatically pays? How naive are you? The vehicle was recovered before the insurance company paid the claim.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So you think insurance just automatically pays? How naive are you? The vehicle was recovered before the insurance company paid the claim.
Of course not, which is why i was responding to the “IDC, that’s what insurance is for” point. But obviously some people are that way.
I’ve got a relative in DC and they’ve had ... 5 cars stolen in 15 years. One of them was a LE .gov vehicle. So maybe insurance pays differently in hight theft areas? IDK and don’t care to find out.

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand the need for a kill switch. That's what insurance is for. I could literally care less if it was stolen.
I dont think insurance would cover amps, speakers and expensive light bars.