Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

*Big Blue's Guide to Raptor Runs*

Discussion in 'Past Expedition Reports Pics and Vids' started by Big Blue, May 28, 2013.

1. Big Blue

Big Blue Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

As some of you know, I'm back! :favorites37:

I sold Big Blue two years ago and have jumped into another Raptor. This time, I went with an 18 Leadfoot gray, but still went with a scab. I love the Gen 2, it's better in every way (except the sound), but you get over that real quick once you drive this new Beast.

I got the Truck in December 2018 and immediately signed up for Snoball 2019, which like all previous Snoball's was awesome and loads of fun. It's always great to see all the Raptor friends I have made over the past 7 years and make new ones. GLRE did a top notch job as usual and their annual charity auction was loaded with serious goodies as usual. As I have said before, IMO the two greatest events that have been around and continue to thrive is Snoball and TRR and both should be experienced by EVERY Raptor owner at least once or your missing out big time!

I look forward to hitting the dirt again this spring/summer with my local MDM Group and I plan on heading back down to TRR again this May with a few Chicago crew buds. More posts to come and it's good to be back!

The New Rig:

[​IMG]

Snoball 2019:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jzweedyk, Wilson and BenBB like this.
  2. Booth9999

Booth9999 FRF Addict

Welcome home.

Big Blue likes this.
  3. Wilson

Wilson FRF Addict

good to hear you like the new truck. can't wait to hear how it is in ttr

Big Blue likes this.
  4. Big Blue

Just got back from TRR yesturday. It's been 7 years since my first TRR and I only wish Texas was closer! Without a doubt TRR is one of my favorite Raptor events. You could not ask for a better proving ground, a more beautiful place or a better host. A few things have changed since my last TRR, but all for the best. I was also super lucky this time around as I went down with two friends which always makes a good time into a great time. We drove down from Chicago in two trucks and rented an RV in Abilene.

The Course is much as I remembered although this time, there was also a short 4-5 mile track, which was actually my favorite. It was virtually rock free and it was awesome. They no longer ask you to rank your driving skill via a number on your truck, but Trey had several drivers meetings where he was clear about driving within your skill level as well as track guidance. As usual, the track was marked exceptionally well for turns and hazards and there were also staff stationed at high risk areas for additional safety. A lot of rain this year, so more rocks than I remembered but also more water crossings and I always love to get my truck dirty!!

The exotic Animal cruise was awesome too. I didn't get to appreciate it as much the first time around as I was solo, but this time around I rode shotgun and WOW! Finished off with a great banquet BBQ and raffle and another successful TRR was in the books. I hope I can get a few more of my Chicago crew for the nest one!!

The Raptor performed like a champ!! I drove it hard and it kept asking for more. No damage, no issues, just a weekend worth of power washing ahead. Thank you Trey and staff for a great event and thank you Keith and TJ for a great trip!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    BenBB, Wilson, RDFTS and 5 others like this.
  5. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

Think you meant an RV not TV but think you did mention it had a TV in it. :)

Pleasure meeting you again and glad you enjoyed TRR. I haven’t seen running water creek crossing since I have been going there for 6 years, they had a LOT of rain.

Big Blue and Wilson like this.
  6. Big Blue

Haha, you are right. I'm impressed when I can write that much with only a few typos. It was great seeing you again Rick and thanks for that tasty burger! I'm sure our paths will meet again. Best regards. :cheers: