Kill Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been through a stolen vehicle insurance claim? I have heard it's a nightmare.
I have a buddy that recently had his R stolen the same day he brought it home. The police recovered it after 17 days so insurance won’t pay the claim. The truck was trashed and was throwing all sorts of drivetrain codes (apparently the thieves were running around in Baja mode on the pavement while doing ******* based on the amount of baggies thrown about). Meanwhile the truck has been sitting in the shop since it was recovered two months ago while Ford waits for parts to fix it. So on top of the damage he also gets the privilege of having a theft recovery title now as well.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand the need for a kill switch. That's what insurance is for. I could literally care less if it was stolen.
Not knocking you… but I used to think that way until my truck was totaled by a careless driver last month. The process of settling with insurance, actually receiving payment, finding a suitable replacement and getting it modified the way I like it was not a pleasant experience. I used to always leave key in center console and use the keypad. Starting to rethink that as well.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Neither does selling it.

You assume the gentleman doesn’t have a second vehicle to get by.

Perhaps…
It's true. I did assume driving a rental car, but for me personally, I'd be heartbroken if my truck were missing and I could have prevented it for under $500. Its a to each his own situation. I’ve got enough stress on my plate, I don’t need this also.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not knocking you… but I used to think that way until my truck was totaled by a careless driver last month. The process of settling with insurance, actually receiving payment, finding a suitable replacement and getting it modified the way I like it was not a pleasant experience. I used to always leave key in center console and use the keypad. Starting to rethink that as well.
I've had a car stolen and crashed by someone else. I still don't care if my car gets stolen. I'll get something else and move on.

MARKNELSONRUN

Reaction score
The insurance companies have 30 days to do your claim. TRUST me you never want to fight insurance for a claim. I have had two highly modified mustang GTS stolen and I had show prove of upgrades and prices for the parts and I did all of my own labor and you don’t get your labor back and you have to fight for every nickel and dime.
Kill switch is the way to go and put your fob in a faraday bag so it can not be cloned.