should i do the switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fitchottie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, need some help on this. I will try to make it short and sweet and get to the facts

a week ago I had a 2020 jeep gladiator. I love Jeep I have owned 7. Needed more room and some more towing.
Got out of the gladiator for way more than I owed.

I found a sweet deal on a 2018 lead foot , every option possible on it, it also had a Cobb intake, Rigid lights front and rear and a quad fold flush tonneau with 14,000 miles with tax and everything 61k. Tires where shot so I bought new 35/12.50/17 Ko2

However I have now found a 2019 PB one, with every option possible (Reccaro as well) except the graphics and Beadlocks wheels. This has 11,800 miles and is 64k OTD.

facts - I have pre sold my Lead foot for what I paid so I am not upside down at all.
I can take the Cobb, both sets of rigid lights and the tonneau cover and transfer over. I can sell the hard tonneau that comes with the PB.
I have already sourced 2019 ford Beadlock and Tires (5) for roughly $2300 these have new 315/70/17 K02, I would switch my 35's over.

At the end of the day it is a net difference of 5k. because I can sell the Tonneau and Also the Aluminum Non Bead lock wheels. So the delta could be slightly less.

I need opinions and thoughts. Monthly Payment would go up $60.00
Lastly the delta would only be felt if I kept the car for the full 4 years of financing which I never do so if after two years I get rid of it its only a 2k difference paid.

Sorry if this was not short and to the point.
Payment is not a concern, financially we are fine even in these times.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like the 2019 better and the finances won’t be an issue then do the deal. I haven’t driven a 2017-2018, but my 2020 with the livevalve shocks rides great.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would just keep what you have. If you say you are likely going to switch in a couple years then just hold off and maybe by the time you are ready the new gen will come out. Maybe with the independent rear suspension and blow away anything on the market. Who knows but the extra cost for the “same” truck only to switch out by the time you are settled seems like a waste.

Personally I feel there is not enough consumer testing of the live valve to tell weather it will be a maintenance trap at year 3 or not. Land Rover has been doing adaptive suspension for a while, but there are full kits to swap over to conventional coils due to the long term maintenance and cost. I understand LR is a different type of suspension but just demonstrating my point that new and fancy isn’t always the best for long term.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Maybe with the independent rear suspension and blow away anything on the market. Who knows but the extra cost for the “same” truck only to switch out by the time you are settled seems like a waste.

Independent rear suspension? Is this from the same people that are saying a super charged 7.3 will be the next motor?

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Independent rear suspension? Is this from the same people that are saying a super charged 7.3 will be the next motor?
There has been some rumor around it after a test mile was spotted with the rear suspension all covered. Not saying it’s likely but was driving to the point that you are going to trade in a truck for the same truck. Instead wait a little longer for some greater/larger improvement than live vale shocks...

As far as the 7.3 goes, clearly ford has got its mind wrapped around the electric motor.(see what I did there). Consumers are wanting more comfort, economy, and overall multi purpose and the gen2 was not shy to answer that call. With sales numbers of gen2s it’s clear ford made the more popular choice going that route and I wouldn’t expect anything less than for them to continue along that path.

IMO a SC 7.3 with 4.0 coils, linked rear, long traveL front running 40s would be a dream esp if it came from factory

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There has been some rumor around it after a test mile was spotted with the rear suspension all covered. Not saying it’s likely but was driving to the point that you are going to trade in a truck for the same truck. Instead wait a little longer for some greater/larger improvement than live vale shocks...

Coil springs instead of leaf springs does not equal independent rear suspension.

Independent rear suspension would have control arms and a center chunk, like the front.

It would be cool, but on a truck like this the parts necessary would need to be huge since the rear does most of the work.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Coil springs instead of leaf springs does not equal independent rear suspension.

Independent rear suspension would have control arms and a center chunk, like the front.

It would be cool, but on a truck like this the parts necessary would need to be huge since the rear does most of the work.
Yes sorry meant coils, it’s late and I have a long travel kit in a shopping cart I have been thinking about lately so it’s on my mind

but on that note there are a ton of vehicles that run all wheel independent suspension not sure why the f150/raptor wouldn’t be a candidate

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmanuelrmz