Auxillary Switch Lost Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, I have the car in the shop right now, picking it up later today. From what the techs told me it sounds like the switches themselves failed, I just went ahead an ordered the eplacement on ebay. Hoping that takes care of the issue and then rewire everything with relays. I'll keep you guys updated.
The switches failed...
200.gif

You shouldn’t need relays on up fitters 2 and 3 with only 4 amps. It might be good practice, certainly if you ever upgrade that lighting, but both should be ok at 4 amps. Up fitter 4 I’m not sure, but even so, they’re independent circuits.

Who is this shop? Do they have qualified techs?
200.gif

Here's my Prius
Your Raptor will perform poorly for 1 week each time you call it a prius, even sarcastically. This could mean poor dyno results, poor acceleration, throwing DTC’s, mystery noises ... the list goes on.

OP
OP
D

dannyg

Reaction score
Finally fixed everything. The upfitter switches were damaged after a short, so I had to replace the whole thing and now everything is working. Reason nothing made sense and fuses were fine is that everything was installed the wrong way. After removing the overhead module I noticed they had initially wired the lights directly to the harness going to the switches instead of the hot wires behind the batttery, so they shorted the switches instead of the fuses. Everything is working now, I still have to wire everything with relays but I'm obviously doing that myself, don't trust anyone right now. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and for helping out.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Wow. good work getting it squared away.