Help!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just wired my SPV Rear S2 kit 3 days ago. It sounds like the second harness long wire (the one that does not hook into your reverse lights) is not hooked to AUX 3. I would recommend going into the Aux 2 — Aux 6 wires, unplug from there and use a test light to see if you have power at Aux 3. If you got the crimp kit wire extenders, you may have a bad connection. It's tough to crimp with the small amount of space from the factory. I removed my battery to make this correct and easy.

Maybe someone else can double-check the fuse # for the AUX lights. I remember two different fuses for these.

OP
OP
F

F23 raptor

Reaction score
Guess my biggest concern is we turned the aux 3 switch on and checked the wire itself and it shows nothing. Double checked that we didn't hook up to the dead wire and it's the right one.

OP
OP
F

F23 raptor

Reaction score
I just wired my SPV Rear S2 kit 3 days ago. It sounds like the second harness long wire (the one that does not hook into your reverse lights) is not hooked to AUX 3. I would recommend going into the Aux 2 — Aux 6 wires, unplug from there and use a test light to see if you have power at Aux 3. If you got the crimp kit wire extenders, you may have a bad connection. It's tough to crimp with the small amount of space from the factory. I removed my battery to make this correct and easy.

Maybe someone else can double-check the fuse # for the AUX lights. I remember two different fuses for these.
I put on the extension pieces to give some more room on the aux wires. I'll have to go through and check again but spent a lot of time doing this already and I can't pin it down

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guess my biggest concern is we turned the aux 3 switch on and checked the wire itself and it shows nothing. Double checked that we didn't hook up to the dead wire and it's the right one.
So with the engine running and AUX 3 bare wire, power switch is on and you get no power?

If you are positive that Aux 1 and 2 are working (since the fronts turn on) and SPV has the harness, it should be plug and play. Try an AUX switch that is currently working for the reverse lights. You could also go to Aux 4,5,6 and see if anything changes either. It's highly doubtful that from the factory the connection is missing.

My best guess is you are looking at the wrong fuse. Which # are you checking?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a 23 raptor with the 801a. Put the triple fog light kit and rigid rear lights on and working fine. Fogs are ran on fog switch, aux 1, aux 2. Wired the rears to aux 3 and nothing... the lights are on with red back lighting when approaching, Truck running and lights kick on when in reverse. I turned the aux 3 switch on and nothing happens. Checked the fuse and it's good, we checked the wire with the switch on and there is no power?

I'm at a loss on where to look and what to try now
which triple fog light kit? And what does that have to do with rear lights.
lights on when approaching... ? Ok, so something doesn’t work on Aux3

Really not hard to understand, everything is plug and play and wired correctly. However, the aux 3 switch seems to have no power
Ok, so it’s not hard to understand and no help needed since everything is plug and play and wired correctly.

Not sure what you did to aux3 though to have no power.

If you do need help though with some other issue, you may want to consider that the FRF are not working with you in the garage.

just sayin’.

OP
OP
F

F23 raptor

Reaction score
So with the engine running and AUX 3 bare wire, power switch is on and you get no power?

If you are positive that Aux 1 and 2 are working (since the fronts turn on) and SPV has the harness, it should be plug and play. Try an AUX switch that is currently working for the reverse lights. You could also go to Aux 4,5,6 and see if anything changes either. It's highly doubtful that from the factory the connection is missing.

My best guess is you are looking at the wrong fuse. Which # are you checking?
Yes, the fogs are wired (plug/play) on fog, aux 1, aux 2...they turn on and have back light just fine. Aux 3 is not working when I turn it on and it's wired as directed

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Switch wires at the aux hook ups, between 2 and 3. Retest.
or, remove the aux3 connect and power directly from the battery +

either way, if it works, the harness is good and aux3 is suspect.
if it does not work connected to aux2/ batt. +, then you probably have a harness problem

Did you validate the lights worked BEFORE you mounted and ran wires?