Recurring Suspension Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fox making a recommendation does not make it a warrantable concern. The shocks were completely disassembled and modified with higher spring preload by an outside shop, and now not one, but both shocks are exhibiting the same noise concern? The dealer shouldn’t be touching it, the shop that did the modifications should find the root cause of the issue and resolve it.
You provide a lot of solid information on here and the point isn't to combat you. I actually found out where the squeak was coming from myself. I'm not claiming to be a master tech by any means but its not my first time around a coilover. When discussing it with FOX, they said it sounds like a possible failed dust seal. The shop said the same thing after we lubed it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You provide a lot of solid information on here and the point isn't to combat you. I actually found out where the squeak was coming from myself. I'm not claiming to be a master tech by any means but its not my first time around a coilover. When discussing it with FOX, they said it sounds like a possible failed dust seal. The shop said the same thing after we lubed it.
Completely understand and it’s certainly not about wrong/right, only understanding the nature of the issue and what the contributing factors and resolution may be.

There are many times where a concern is identified and isolated to a part, but root cause of the part failure is unknown/undetermined. That results in repeat repairs, customer dissatisfaction, speculation, and high warranty cost. Which gets incorporated into the price of the next model year.

OE manufacturers only warranty what they engineer and build. Meaning if you take it apart, change something, put it back together and have an issue, the warranty does not cover that. Warranty is not comprehensive like insurance, it’s only a contract to repair a defect that is attributed to the design, engineering or assembly of vehicle as produced.

As an example, if one were to install an aftermarket air intake and a DTC sets (as we’ve seen many times…P04DB), it’s not the manufacturer’s responsibility to diagnose or repair, or “prove” that the modification caused the issue. But people will say “all they did” was change the intake assembly and “nobody else has problems”, which of course is baseless. If you change it from factory configuration, you’re now responsible for any resulting concerns/issues.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s become clear that root cause is not your concern. We have been trying to help you find that. What you fail to see is the “dust seals” are dry and squeaky for a reason. What is that reason? What is the root cause? If a “dust seal” fails, what happens? It allows dust to get to the oil seal. Well, we know what’s next. You assume some “Score” race mechanics worked on you pilgrim Raptor. New shocks could be required now, but something else caused the problem. My “idea” was that the truck was up on a rack and some CRT major student over torqued or mis-aligned the bottom mount. Just an idea from old time shock issues. Anyway, good luck. You asked, we tried, u kicked us in the balls. Glad their well lubricated.

OP
OP
B

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn sensitive crowd… my bad you felt I kicked you guys in the balls lol. I appreciated your comments in the previous post and same with @FordTechOne. I’ll leave it there

Last edited:

Bajabro

Reaction score
Bump.

This Raptor Forum has been a great source for research on all aspects on the new GEN3 Raptor.

Unfortunately, my 37PP (built before June 2022) has been experiencing excessive squeaking in the driver side front FOX shock. My 37 PP is 100% stock - no collars.

The squeaking started at 9,000 miles right after coming back from chasing Robby Gordon's son at last year's Baja 1000. Truck was driven lightly on the chase trails (deep sand, rocks and whoops) for about 15 miles of total distance, all below 40MPH.

Only one shock makes the squeaking and I already took it to my local Ford dealer to get it checked out. After getting the shock lubed by my dealer, the issue still persists and now I'm waiting for that failed shock to be replaced.

Has anyone experienced this on a Raptor 37 PP? I know of a few 37 PP owners that replaced all the shocks when this occurred. Currently, I'm trying to get both front FOX shocks replaced versus just one.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Fat Panda

Reaction score
Bump.

This Raptor Forum has been a great source for research on all aspects on the new GEN3 Raptor.

Unfortunately, my 37PP (built before June 2022) has been experiencing excessive squeaking in the driver side front FOX shock. My 37 PP is 100% stock - no collars.

The squeaking started at 9,000 miles right after coming back from chasing Robby Gordon's son at last year's Baja 1000. Truck was driven lightly on the chase trails (deep sand, rocks and whoops) for about 15 miles of total distance, all below 40MPH.

Only one shock makes the squeaking and I already took it to my local Ford dealer to get it checked out. After getting the shock lubed by my dealer, the issue still persists and now I'm waiting for that failed shock to be replaced.

Has anyone experienced this on a Raptor 37 PP? I know of a few 37 PP owners that replaced all the shocks when this occurred. Currently, I'm trying to get both front FOX shocks replaced versus just one.

I have 22 37pp. Same squeak on the right side at roughly 9k miles also. I can primarily feel the majority of the squeak vibration on the spring itself. It’s going to the dealer tomorrow to get that looked at and the clunking the truck has from front and rear shocks as well

Chizler22

Reaction score
I have the same issues with squeaking coming from the front right. I sprayed lube on the upper control arm bushings and the noises stopped but returned several days later. Re-lubed and the same result. The bushing might be the problem.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the lube is actually swelling the rubber. I know a lot of rubber products and orings swell when exposed to many hydrocarbons. Maybe try a silicone lube if you’re not already.