True 37's on factory beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cth991

Reaction score
I'm more of an OEM+ kind of guy and want to run a different tire on the factory wheels on my 22' Raptor with 37PP. Has anyone made a tire change only and what suspension mods will be necessary? Was hoping 1.5" collars and .75 spacers in the rear will get it done.

OP
OP
C

cth991

Reaction score
Would love to see pics if anyone has already made a tire change. There isn't much clearance with factory BFG's. Forgot to mention I already have 37x13.5x17 Toyo Open Country M/T's that I was hoping to use.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's that gonna weigh? Those Toyos are 94lbs. We had them on a class 14 Ranger and it took 2 guys to lift those pigs off the rear cage, and do a tire change, (on a lighter Method non-beadlock 17x8.5). The oem beadlock is 37lbs. That means you'd have to crawl under the bed, use the hand-crank to lower and drag out the 130+lbs spare, and then slide back and hand-crank the old one back up under the bed. I think 37's are great, but storing one underneath? That's a hard NO.

Last edited:

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be using General Grabber A/TX in 37x12.5x17 STUDDED in winter. about 70lbs so about 4lbs heavier. So I am sticking with the same size for my (2) sets of tires. Obviously avail not studded.
I see zero benefit in only going 1" wider and not also taller. If I had your Toyo's, I'd sell 'em.

lots of really good Mud tires in 37x12.5x17