Raptor R - Waitlists & Prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they're so limited, why do I see them every time I turn around? Heck, the soccer mom next door has one. Ford will trickle them out at a rate designed to maximize revenue.
Until the pandemic induced supply chain issues there was no issue with anyone being able to get a Gen 2 Raptor. I see more than I would think I would in my area. Limitation was people wiling to spend $70k+ on a half ton truck. R may wind up being a different beast but agree with the maximizing revenue point.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mule R. It’s 100% going to be made.
Lot of engineering set backs currently
not Surprising, there's been plenty of "test mules" for what happens when you tune a Raptor up to about 550-600bhp, & from what I've read/observed seems like not too many durability issues @ that power level as long as cooling/fueling is addressed - but Ford engineers are being tasked w/ exceeding that figure by another 100-150hp while moving to coil over rear, meeting emissions/safety standards, & while rolling a slew of other new vehicles. I'm guessing they're having an issue w/ the TC/axles handling the full power & they want to keep it w/ the same 4wd functionality as a standard Raptor not compromise w/ some AWD setup like the TRX.

Just a guess

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not Surprising, there's been plenty of "test mules" for what happens when you tune a Raptor up to about 550-600bhp, & from what I've read/observed seems like not too many durability issues @ that power level as long as cooling/fueling is addressed - but Ford engineers are being tasked w/ exceeding that figure by another 100-150hp while moving to coil over rear, meeting emissions/safety standards, & while rolling a slew of other new vehicles. I'm guessing they're having an issue w/ the TC/axles handling the full power & they want to keep it w/ the same 4wd functionality as a standard Raptor not compromise w/ some AWD setup like the TRX.

Just a guess
Steering
Front hubs melting
Actually the key fob melted to the floor on a test truck
No cooling issues with the motor that I have heard.
Lack of power is a concern since ford won’t spring for a intake system and won’t spring for manifolds which is choking the motor pretty bad.
Last time I knew of one on a private sector dyno, it wasn’t very good at the wheels. It could have improved since last I heard a couple months ago, but the intake and exhaust are a issue.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steering
Front hubs melting
Actually the key fob melted to the floor on a test truck
No cooling issues with the motor that I have heard.
Lack of power is a concern since ford won’t spring for a intake system and won’t spring for manifolds which is choking the motor pretty bad.
Last time I knew of one on a private sector dyno, it wasn’t very good at the wheels. It could have improved since last I heard a couple months ago, but the intake and exhaust are a issue.
Hopefully people can purchase them easier in a couple years... It was difficult enough getting a 37 package for MSRP let alone an R. ****, I'll give $100k for one in a year after the bugs are worked out, but I'm not sure even that is enough money...

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look, I like HP as much as the next guy. But due to tires it’s still going to be limited to, what, 120 mph? TRX is limited to 118.

Gas use up the wa z oo, let alone insurance cost. My 605 hp base M5 cost over a grand more a year to insure than my V8 Cayenne GTS with only 450hp, yet the Cayenne cost 12k more to buy.

Other than exhaust note, what the heck you do with 700hp aside from win races off stoplights and smoke your tires?

Ill be very happy when my plain Jane MSRP Gen3 is here.