Raptor R - Waitlists & Prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the “excluded and limited” comment. You really think Ford is really going to limit them and produce a set amount? They’re going to turn and burn them just like Dodge if they don’t want to lose buyers. Nothing exclusive about a pickup truck with a big engine. People need to stop acting like these trucks are million dollar super cars built by hand.

That's not the reason people think they will be limited, at least not entirely. Sure, keeping it limited adds some exclusivity to it that customers like. But you have the limited engine production as already pointed out. You have supply chain issues. You have CAFE standards to be concerned about. And Ford has been focusing on turbos, hybrids and EVs...that's where they want to go.

All that doesn't mean that R will definitely be limited production, but it certainly isn't ridiculous to speculate that it will be.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not the reason people think they will be limited, at least not entirely. Sure, keeping it limited adds some exclusivity to it that customers like. But you have the limited engine production as already pointed out. You have supply chain issues. You have CAFE standards to be concerned about. And Ford has been focusing on turbos, hybrids and EVs...that's where they want to go.

All that doesn't mean that R will definitely be limited production, but it certainly isn't ridiculous to speculate that it will be.
Supply chain issues mean anything that is being built right is limited. That's not necessarily a good thing and will eventually change.
Any manufacturer that is producing at "normal" rates now is removing options to keep that pace. Again ..not a good thing.
Raptor R won't be limited in the sense that Ford will put a number to it. That's a fact.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look, I like HP as much as the next guy. But due to tires it’s still going to be limited to, what, 120 mph? TRX is limited to 118.

Gas use up the wa z oo, let alone insurance cost. My 605 hp base M5 cost over a grand more a year to insure than my V8 Cayenne GTS with only 450hp, yet the Cayenne cost 12k more to buy.

Other than exhaust note, what the heck you do with 700hp aside from win races off stoplights and smoke your tires?

Ill be very happy when my plain Jane MSRP Gen3 is here.
Lol - I dunno man, & while I agree the HP wars are crazier than ever- you can make an easy argument that having a 700hp full size 4wd truck that can tow 10k lbs makes a SH*T load more sense than a 600+ hp 4 door sedan w/ limited storage space slammed to the ground rolling on dubs w/ 1/4” sidewall on the tires no towing ability high insurance cost (as you noted) & pretty abysmal gas mileage in its own right.

I think the Raptor feels right when it’s tuned to put out 450whp, regardless of engine type, that seems to be a sweet spot & I think is usable on and off-road,

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you can get a 707hp 3 row SUV that can tow? Like ***** on a bull as they say. Looks great, & I am sad to see the large RWD (those are AWD now though no?) manual transmission (oops they took that away), roomy light weight (oops nope that’s not the case either) saloon as they say…..but this day & age? If I can’t have stick shift & it’s already going to be AWD and heavy as hell? Just give me an X5M or Cayenne turbo or a Trackhawk & at least I can get some utility outta my crazy fast DD family hauler

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Supply chain issues mean anything that is being built right is limited. That's not necessarily a good thing and will eventually change.
Any manufacturer that is producing at "normal" rates now is removing options to keep that pace. Again ..not a good thing.
Raptor R won't be limited in the sense that Ford will put a number to it. That's a fact.

It's a fact? Has Ford officially stated that they will not limit Raptor R production? If so, a link would quickly put any debate to bed.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a fact? Has Ford officially stated that they will not limit Raptor R production? If so, a link would quickly put any debate to bed.
I’m stating it as a fact and will quote myself when it happens. Ford will not make the Raptor R a limited production model. If they have an order and the parts to produce it then it will be produced.

RAM tried to pull that bull and said the TRX would be limited to 702 and we know that’s not true. Just marketing for more $$$. People think they’re getting something rare and they pony up more money. If anything they’ll add a badge and 15hp more to a few hundred of them and call them “special” while producing non-special editions right along side.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully people can purchase them easier in a couple years... It was difficult enough getting a 37 package for MSRP let alone an R. ****, I'll give $100k for one in a year after the bugs are worked out, but I'm not sure even that is enough money...
The bugs on the R are being worked out. That’s why it’s pushed back so far. It’s Comin out hot.
Hopefully the chip shortage crap will be done by then