RAPTOR F150 vs RAPTOR BRONCO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First run is going to be very limited!
$ 52 000 + stealership are going to charge $ 15 000 or $ 20 000 on top,crazy!

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, lotta hate towards the Braptor when it’s actually a VERY capable and comfortable ride. I traded in my 21’ Badlands Sasquatch for a 23’ Braptor and it’s a completely different and superior ride than a regular Bronco. I use it for daily driver and absolutely love it. More nimble than my 23’ 37 PP and honestly just a lot of fun to drive.

I do agree that if I had to pick only one, I would choose the f150 b/c I just use my truck bed regularly and it’s def more comfortable for a longer road trip, but there are certainly some pros and cons between the two. Just saying, the Braptor a great ride too! I did the Bronco Off Rodeo in TX and there are trails and rocks that no way in hell an F150 is conquering. I know the desert and Baja purest will argue that’s not what the F150 Raptor was designed for, but the Braptor wasn’t designed to compete against the F150 either is all I’m saying

Just get both and enjoy them! :)IMG_1674.jpegIMG_1672.jpegIMG_1635.jpegIMG_1634.jpeg

Last edited:

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
They should have just made the body of the Braptor wider than the other Broncos to match the tires and then had a more normal sized flare. It would have looked much better and been a better product outright with more stability and a bigger interior. And for ppl that want a thinner one for Jeep trails could still buy a different package. Easy fixed it, give me money Ford!

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are almost identical View attachment 408614
Side profile has similarities but I could make that same argument for a lot of full size trucks.

The front end and grill are completely different, which is one of the most distinguishing things about the F150 Raptor, and I think the Braptor has the same beefy presence especially with the wide track design. Just my opinion, but I don’t confuse the Jeep and Braptor at all IMG_1687.jpegIMG_1689.jpegIMG_1690.jpegIMG_1688.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side profile has similarities but I could make that same argument for a lot of full size trucks.

The front end and grill are completely different, which is one of the most distinguishing things about the F150 Raptor, and I think the Braptor has the same beefy presence especially with the wide track design. Just my opinion, but I don’t confuse the Jeep and Braptor at all View attachment 408658View attachment 408661View attachment 408659View attachment 408660
To each their own, everyone has a different perspective. I think it is a Jeep called Ford. Yes the grille is different, but the profile is almost identical. It appears the design engineer could not think for themself. Get a Jeep, change the grille, call it a Bronco annd people will buy it. There are a ton of articles in various financial publications that indicate Ford and other manufacturers are dependent on “high end model changes with spinoffs.” Hence, the Raptor Ranger and in my mind, the Bronco. Soon, Ford may offer a Raptor Edge, or maybe even a Mustang. Slap wide fenders on an Edge, call it a Raptor and people will buy it. IMHO, it a Jeep with a horse emblem. That said, haven’t you seen low end F150’s with a Raptor grille? However, those owners cannot change the side and rear profile of a FX into a Raptor profile. It is a cheap way to pretend they have a cool truck. Think of it like boobs, fake never feel real!

Last edited:

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had a Gen 2 and Gen 3 Raptor. Now in a Braptor. Clearly very different vehicles made to fit very different purposes. I loved my Gen 2 and Gen 3 but the Braptor fits my lifestyle better now out here in Colorado. Let's be real here Gen 3's are overpriced too. Perfect world, I would have both. Braptor is a way more fun daily driver and the Gen 3 is way better for long trips. Braptor in sport mode is a jacked up go-cart. Its really fun in canyons and you can toss it around with that short wheelbase. It doesn't feel heavy once you get the 37's spinning.

Braptor has way more of a "collector" feel to it at the moment too. Way more limited run. That's why I intend on keeping it for the long haul. Will probably pick up a Gen 4 after that haha. The thing is an attention grabber though. Not always wanted when you are just picking up groceries. I get people stopping me all the time wanting to talk about it. Girlfriend jokes that it's a Colorado Ferrari. It gets treated like an exotic.

Also, y'all can hate on the fender flares but they ain't that bad in person. I see what some of y'all have done to your poor, innocent Gen 3's so don't act like it's just an aesthetic issue haha.

All in all, I prefer the Braptor at the moment. Haven't really missed the Gen 3 other than the quiet and comfort.

PXL_20230312_022547316.jpgPXL_20230312_163732946.jpgPXL_20230123_144317771.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230123_144305530.jpg
    PXL_20230123_144305530.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 2

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive had a Gen 2 and Gen 3 Raptor. Now in a Braptor. Clearly very different vehicles made to fit very different purposes. I loved my Gen 2 and Gen 3 but the Braptor fits my lifestyle better now out here in Colorado. Let's be real here Gen 3's are overpriced too. Perfect world, I would have both. Braptor is a way more fun daily driver and the Gen 3 is way better for long trips. Braptor in sport mode is a jacked up go-cart. Its really fun in canyons and you can toss it around with that short wheelbase. It doesn't feel heavy once you get the 37's spinning.

Braptor has way more of a "collector" feel to it at the moment too. Way more limited run. That's why I intend on keeping it for the long haul. Will probably pick up a Gen 4 after that haha. The thing is an attention grabber though. Not always wanted when you are just picking up groceries. I get people stopping me all the time wanting to talk about it. Girlfriend jokes that it's a Colorado Ferrari. It gets treated like an exotic.

Also, y'all can hate on the fender flares but they ain't that bad in person. I see what some of y'all have done to your poor, innocent Gen 3's so don't act like it's just an aesthetic issue haha.

All in all, I prefer the Braptor at the moment. Haven't really missed the Gen 3 other than the quiet and comfort.

View attachment 409484View attachment 409485View attachment 409487

Saw this come in my email the other day. I think having a set of these paint matched will give it an awesome look. I personally like the bronco raptor, but I do feel the fenders are a lot to take in at first.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally can't get over how stretched out the Bronco Raptor looks. It just, doesn't look natural. However, I still feel that the Gen 2 and Gen 3 F150 raptor doesn't look as naturally wide as the Gen 1 did.

That being said, I prefer the Raptor "trim" on the truck, but I also have a Wildtrek Bronco being built in 2 weeks. So...

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Saw this come in my email the other day. I think having a set of these paint matched will give it an awesome look. I personally like the bronco raptor, but I do feel the fenders are a lot to take in at first.
I've been keeping an eye on those. I want to see them on a Raptor before I decide. Not gonna take a chance on a rendering.

TBH I think Ford was stuck in a tough spot design wise. Yeah the design isn't perfect but I don't think it's out of laziness. Due to the width of the Braptors wheelbase, the flares are gonna get f'd up doing any real offroading. It's just a matter of fact. Having them easily removable solves that heartache. If they were solid to the body then it would be a nightmare. Ford did change quarter panels to widen the vehicle like the F-150 Raptor but it's not as pronounced.

So do you design to functionality or to overall aesthetics? Ford went functionality. Probably could have spent more time massaging it but I really don't find them as offensive in person.