RAPTOR F150 vs RAPTOR BRONCO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
but the Braptor is far better in corners at speed. Its not even close.

Yeah, I’d like to see some objective data on this one, not subjective opinions.

Either way, we better all love the Bronco Raptor because that’s going to be the one that survives the Raptor line culling. It has all the accessory support, marketing backing and as soon as Ram stops with the 700hp TRX, the RR will disappear overnight.

There’s zip available from F/P for the F150 Rap, which I think is a shame.
I hope you’re happy with your Braptor and drive it in a pride parade with your head held high.
I don’t think hook ups are permitted on FRF. Look, no judgment if you want to catch up with @MidnightSpecial at a pride event, but did you even bother to ask if he swung that way?

Even if it’s a Bronc though, Brap is still not a prius.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I’d like to see some objective data on this one, not subjective opinions.
Fair point. Let me reframe it. It's more fun to drive in the Twisties, objectively I guess. Shorter wheel base is probably more to do with it then overall build. 3.0 has a fun mid range once it gets the 37's moving. Feels more responsive. Gen 3 seems like Yukon compared to a Gen 2 to me. Gen 2 had a raw edge to it that I liked. Braptor kinda has that raw edge to it.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I lied, I never drove one. I made the entire story up. I don’t even own a truck or a car. Now for reality, it was an opinion, based on my perception of looks and the way it drove, specifically the Braptor….as you call it. Although I never took it off road, I think it handles like crap. I do have four years experience teaching CHP Cadets EVOC, which also included conducting evaluations for potential police vehicle purchases, all of which I was taught to perform. All that said, it is an OPINION and people that are offended and become hostile because of another persons OPINION are narrow minded and stupid, especially when they throw crap out like, I probably never drove it. You think I didn’t drive it because I disagreed with you? That is ignorant. I assume the internet gives you super power. My OPINION is, its piece of junk and I don’t care how Expedition Off-road convinced you it is not. I will not get into a keyboard war with a narrow minded individual. You can think the Braptor is wonderful, I don’t care.…..it is your opinion and I never would attack, impede or call a person a liar for expressing their opinion. I hope you’re happy with your Braptor and drive it in a pride parade with your head held high.
Since you are talking about not liking how it drove, maybe add some clarification as to what you didn’t like about it.

Example: take a trophy truck, it is not a great vehicle for a road course race, and a F1 car probably wouldn’t even like gravel on the road.

So what criteria did you grade the bronco raptor on vs the F150 raptor?

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you are talking about not liking how it drove, maybe add some clarification as to what you didn’t like about it.

Example: take a trophy truck, it is not a great vehicle for a road course race, and a F1 car probably wouldn’t even like gravel on the road.

So what criteria did you grade the bronco raptor on vs the F150 raptor?
When I evaluated potential police vehicles, due to the bidding process, I was required to write everything I did not like and it was very time consuming, but it was my job. Having said that, the so called Braptor is a visual beast, but when compared to the handling characteristics of an Explorer ST, it fails miserably, cornering, maneuverability and although I don’t know the specs, the ST feels quicker…..maybe because it lighter. I only drove the Braptor around a block, maybe a bit over a mile, but enough for a typical test drive. Whereas the 150 Raptor, stands far above every high performance truck on the market. I own both the Gen 2 and 3, but IMHO the Gen 2 handles much better at speed than the Gen 3. Yes, I realize the Braptor and Raptor are not race cars, but 99% of the time, consumers drive each on the street. Please keep in mind, I am not talking about speed, I am talking about overall handling characteristics ON the street. Even if the Braptor and ST were priced identically, I would pick the ST. IMHO, because the Braptor is huge and a status symbol for some, it does not come close to justify its price. Again, just my opinion, Ford made a Jeep on steroids and as a lot of women say, bigger is not always better. Think of a police dog. A German Shepherd may be big, but it can’t fit under a house with a 10” crawl space and jump a 12’ high chainlink fence. A Malinois is typically smaller, but can do both much better and easily take down a bad guy. A Braptor is a GSD that has been over bred and now has health issues!

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dog is going to be angry when she reads this. We love her with elbow issues and her partial torn ACL and all.

In all seriousness, judging a vehicle that is more for running rougher terrain at speed vs how it compares to an explorer is not fair.

No judgement intended here at all, but what is you offroad experience relative to a pickup truck and a small SUV?

A good video to watch is the BJ Baldwin Recoil series to get an idea of how awful a long travel vehicle does on the road but how amazing it does over real rough stuff.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I wonder if the guys on a modern bronco forum bitch as much as y'all about it. Only axe they have to grind are the flares. :)

If I telecommuted to work, like most tards, I probably would not mind having one. I saw one at the mexican restaurant the other day cruising around with the top off. It looked way better than with the top (like most things). The 2 couples looked like they were having a blast.

Reaction score
Geez, lotta hate towards the Braptor when it’s actually a VERY capable and comfortable ride. I traded in my 21’ Badlands Sasquatch for a 23’ Braptor and it’s a completely different and superior ride than a regular Bronco. I use it for daily driver and absolutely love it. More nimble than my 23’ 37 PP and honestly just a lot of fun to drive.

I do agree that if I had to pick only one, I would choose the f150 b/c I just use my truck bed regularly and it’s def more comfortable for a longer road trip, but there are certainly some pros and cons between the two. Just saying, the Braptor a great ride too! I did the Bronco Off Rodeo in TX and there are trails and rocks that no way in hell an F150 is conquering. I know the desert and Baja purest will argue that’s not what the F150 Raptor was designed for, but the Braptor wasn’t designed to compete against the F150 either is all I’m saying

Just get both and enjoy them! :)View attachment 408578View attachment 408579View attachment 408580View attachment 408581

Ive had a Gen 2 and Gen 3 Raptor. Now in a Braptor. Clearly very different vehicles made to fit very different purposes. I loved my Gen 2 and Gen 3 but the Braptor fits my lifestyle better now out here in Colorado. Let's be real here Gen 3's are overpriced too. Perfect world, I would have both. Braptor is a way more fun daily driver and the Gen 3 is way better for long trips. Braptor in sport mode is a jacked up go-cart. Its really fun in canyons and you can toss it around with that short wheelbase. It doesn't feel heavy once you get the 37's spinning.

Braptor has way more of a "collector" feel to it at the moment too. Way more limited run. That's why I intend on keeping it for the long haul. Will probably pick up a Gen 4 after that haha. The thing is an attention grabber though. Not always wanted when you are just picking up groceries. I get people stopping me all the time wanting to talk about it. Girlfriend jokes that it's a Colorado Ferrari. It gets treated like an exotic.

Also, y'all can hate on the fender flares but they ain't that bad in person. I see what some of y'all have done to your poor, innocent Gen 3's so don't act like it's just an aesthetic issue haha.

All in all, I prefer the Braptor at the moment. Haven't really missed the Gen 3 other than the quiet and comfort.

View attachment 409484View attachment 409485View attachment 409487

Awesome rides…I’m curious, how much more comfortable would you guys say the F-150 Raptor is vs the Braptor for road trips (think 6-12hr drives)?

That is one of my primary considerations, as I wouldn’t ‘need’ a truck, otherwise (no towing or hauling per se), but if the road tripping is absolutely much better I might need to go F-150.

Also, does the ride in the Raptor still feel at all like you are in a performance vehicle or is it basically just a land yacht vs the Braptor?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome rides…I’m curious, how much more comfortable would you guys say the F-150 Raptor is vs the Braptor for road trips (think 6-12hr drives)?

That is one of my primary considerations, as I wouldn’t ‘need’ a truck, otherwise (no towing or hauling per se), but if the road tripping is absolutely much better I might need to go F-150.

Also, does the ride in the Raptor still feel at all like you are in a performance vehicle or is it basically just a land yacht vs the Braptor?
Significantly better, night and day.

The Raptor isn’t land yachtish, especially in sport mode. That’s the benefit of the live valves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir