Bronco Raptor vs ford raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

waldramos13

Reaction score
Do you have kids/dogs? Are you in the burbs & have a house/yard/landscaping to deal w/? Would you also use either one as a DD? Do you prefer a vehicle w/ some “attitude” but that doesn’t also look like a toy designed by a 6 year old?

If youre saying yes to most/all of these questions then the answer is clear- Raptor (& by that I mean “F150 Raptor…but around here that’s the only thing that comes to mind when you Say Raptor)

Lastly…imagine paying $10k more for a vehicle that’s intended use of purpose is 100% similar to the other, except the other one does most of the off-road stuff as good (& in some cases better) only lagging in rock crawling….but at the same time is smaller w/ less cargo volume, payload & towing ability, has less features, gets worse MPG but also has a smaller engine w/ less HP & less TQ….can you imagine that?

If that’s something you can picture & be OK w/ while you’re parting away w/ nearly $100k of your hard earned dollars (more than that after ttl) then I guess a Bronco Rappy is worth looking at for ya lolvery

OP
OP
W

waldramos13

Reaction score
Do you have kids/dogs? Are you in the burbs & have a house/yard/landscaping to deal w/? Would you also use either one as a DD? Do you prefer a vehicle w/ some “attitude” but that doesn’t also look like a toy designed by a 6 year old?

If youre saying yes to most/all of these questions then the answer is clear- Raptor (& by that I mean “F150 Raptor…but around here that’s the only thing that comes to mind when you Say Raptor)

Lastly…imagine paying $10k more for a vehicle that’s intended use of purpose is 100% similar to the other, except the other one does most of the off-road stuff as good (& in some cases better) only lagging in rock crawling….but at the same time is smaller w/ less cargo volume, payload & towing ability, has less features, gets worse MPG but also has a smaller engine w/ less HP & less TQ….can you imagine that?

If that’s something you can picture & be OK w/ while you’re parting away w/ nearly $100k of your hard earned dollars (more than that after ttl) then I guess a Bronco Rappy is worth looking at for ya lol!
Very good point, thanks a lot.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not exactly what you’re asking, but I bought a 2013 Gen 1 Raptor new and have put 220k miles on it. I was also fortunate enough to purchase a Bronco Raptor a few months ago and currently have around 10k miles on it.

They’re very different vehicles. I love them both, but if you’re never going to take either of them offroad, my suggestion is to follow @Badgertits advice as a guide to help decide which one fits your lifestyle and go that way.

There’s really no wrong answer, but there’s definitely a trade off when given a choice between the two.

Even though I’ve been a Bronco guy since WAY before the Raptor was even a thing, if forced to choose, the Gen 1 Raptor will never leave my possession. Never.

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was alongside a Braptor today for about 2-3 miles.

The looks of the Bronco Raptor is not growing on me. The 37s, amber running lights look great but the rest of it seems to me like an afterthought. The fenders and flaring look terrible IMO. The name also is not good - Bronco R maybe iDK

Ford basically took a Bronco and added stuff to it. F150 Raptor, OTOH is quite unique looking and has some pretty specific additions that are exclusive to the Raptor.

If Ford just added the Braptor style flaring/fenders to a regular F150 I don’t think I would have bought it.

Just my opinion and no offence.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was alongside a Braptor today for about 2-3 miles.

The looks of the Bronco Raptor is not growing on me. The 37s, amber running lights look great but the rest of it seems to me like an afterthought. The fenders and flaring look terrible IMO. The name also is not good - Bronco R maybe iDK

Ford basically took a Bronco and added stuff to it. F150 Raptor, OTOH is quite unique looking and has some pretty specific additions that are exclusive to the Raptor.

If Ford just added the Braptor style flaring/fenders to a regular F150 I don’t think I would have bought it.

Just my opinion and no offence.
fenders are horrendous, only looks salvageable in black.
Bronco sasquatch package imo is the best looking fender wise, too bad they dont come with the 3.0 and suspension.

But yeah paying way over msrp for a bronco that does almost everything worse than the R(eal)aptor, hmmm.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But yeah paying way over msrp for a bronco that does almost everything worse than the R(eal)aptor, hmmm.
This. It’s a tremendous amount of money for something that does absolutely everything worse except for parking and rock crawling.

If money were no object and you could have both the bronco is cool to jam around town with the roof off, but I’d rather just get one of the other trims for that and probably the manual.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I’m not considering a Bronco of any ilk, but my granddaughter wants a Sport. Whatever. I’m a life-long hot-rodder and insane motorcycle enthusiast (not “biker”). I hate pickup trucks. I needed one for my bike(s), so I bought the only truck that came even remotely close to my lifestyle, the real Raptor loaded with every option. A new 2018.

After 5+ years and right at 80k miles, it’s a keeper. It’s the first and only vehicle I’ve ever purchased in my near 70 years that requires no modifications to make it great. It’s very powerful, extremely comfortable, looks great, and does everything well.

Now it also satisfies my whims as a hot-rod with a few very minor update like an aftermarket tune.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter