Swoop1156's '22 Signature Navy 37PP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay fine, Antimatter Blue. Signature Navy, as Lincoln calls it just sounds better. Moving on...

Hello (again) formally, FRF-Community!

I see a ton of new usernames here, some I do not see that I was used to back in the day, though this place is still such a wealth of information. Glad to be back, although I've been back on the site for a few months since picking up my '22 Antimatter Blue 37PP. I had a '23 on order in Azure Gray, though I canceled that one when I ran across my current truck, used, in another state, with just 2,000 miles.

This is the fourth Raptor I've owned after my first 2010 Tuxedo Black Supercab 6.2, my second 2011 Ingot Silver Crewcab, and my third 2013 Tuxedo Black Crewcab. In between, there's been a Focus ST, Edge ST, three Mustangs (still have one of them), an F150 FX4, an Audi, (still have the) Lincoln, three motorcycles, and on and on. Extremely happy and grateful to be back in a Raptor and back in the continental USA as well as even back in the USA period.

That said, this'll be a thread that I try to keep updated with things I do to the truck to personalize it to my taste and use case. Already have done some, so let's dig in. The truck came equipped with what appears to be the BakFlip of sorts triple-section hard tonneau with the Ford logo. Inside the bed, I've installed the Bedrug Classic Bedliner. I have a bed extender from Levittown on the way that the factory keeps messing up, this one will be my third and hopefully, it works. If not I'll come up with my own solution similar to this. Lastly for the inside of the bed, I got this awesome 80qt powered 12v cooler for the road trips and grocery hauls from Sam's/Costco/Etc. Inside the cabin, I have front and rear Weathertech Floorliner HP protection and have treated most surfaces during the ceramic process.

I also have had the paint corrected, completely wrapped in gloss SunTek PPF with S&P ceramics on top and GlassParency on all glass.

Other than that, I've done all the usual modifications within FORScan that most of us on here do. Utilizing the forums and knowledge here on FRF as well as Linvitup's Spreadsheet to enable the following:
  • Glare-Free Headlights
  • Quiet Time Start Schedule
  • DRL's include Parking Lights and Fogs (although nothing is hooked to fogs at this time)
  • Fogs stay on with High Beams (Bambi Mode)
  • Double Horn Honk Disable (when leaving the key inside running vehicle)
  • Changed from 3 to 4 blinks on turn signal lane change
I've also gone bonkers with John and Sidney at @Specialtyperformanceparts and have gotten their triple fog brackets which hold three pair of RIGID Radience scene pods with amber backlighting. Also installed forward-facing are the RIGID 6" 360 Radience lights in a spot pattern, also with amber backlighting, mounted atop SPV's heavy-duty A-Pillar mounts. Rearward lighting so far consists of SPV's rear kit utilizing RIGID SR-L lights with red backlighting/halo, wired all the way up to the front hooked into AUX6, as well as reverse. Of course, all of those are wired in using SPV's plug-and-play harnesses, foglight switch relocation harnesses, and all the associated connectors and etc.

Functional/Protection wise, I've gathered up some parts which are still awaiting installation. Some are ready to go, some are at the powder coating shop. Here's a breakdown of what I have so far:
Below are some pics showing what mods can be seen, and just some beauty shots in general that have most likely already been posted before:

The siblings:

20230224_143753-COLLAGE.jpg

After Paint Correction, PPF, and Ceramic:

20230509_213035-COLLAGE.jpg

Lighting additions:

PXL_20230330_111351665-01-COLLAGE-COLLAGE.jpg

There will be more modifications coming...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
When I originally read the title, I thought you had installed 22" wheels and were making a build thread. After opening I was thankfully surprised that was not the case. Unlike when I open a thread from @Oldfart which is more like an early morning fart after drinking dark beer all night. It might surprise you the wrong way.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck is super nice ! How are you liking that ditch light setup?
I'm really liking it and should have just gone with the LP9s instead. These give off as much light as I'd ever really need, but now I kinda want more, you know? These are great and I have a thing about staying with one brand for certain setups, with the exception of the SwarfWorks and Foutz intermingling. The Scene lights are really what I'm kinda disappointed with given their beam pattern - kinda useless as a driving light, though it is a ton of light to illuminate a scene. I knew this going into it and, well, the backlight is cool and cool is better, right? That's rule #1 in my former life, "always look cool".
When I originally read the title, I thought you had installed 22" wheels and were making a build thread. After opening I was thankfully surprised that was not the case. Unlike when I open a thread from @Oldfart which is more like an early morning fart after drinking dark beer all night. It might surprise you the wrong way.
Ha! Not so much! I wouldn't ever likely go over 18" if I did get a second set of wheels. I do have something in mind, but that's way down the road if I can even get them in the proper sizes and offsets and whatever. I played with the Mustang wheels a bit and spent way too much on doing something that looked great in my head, looked great as a finished product, but just didn't look right if you know what I mean. It was great, but it wasn't just, "it". It wasn't what I was imagining and picturing in my head. I now have three sets of wheels for the thing, and can only run one so lesson learned on that aspect of things! I gotta find that thread that you're referring to!

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
That light setup is super clean! Looks great! Thanks for not being one of the raptor guys that trades the ride for an ugly set of 22s lol, I see more and more when I’m in Florida now.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally got the orangey parts back from the powder coating shop. The first run didn't go so well, and I had them redo everything. In hindsight, I'd probably order the orange option direct from SwarfWorks and call it a day. However, having both powder-coated in Superchrome underneath and Prismatic Tropic Orange on top, followed by a clear cerakote... it's close enough.

The Foutz Full-Length Aluminum Shock Guards are awesome, and a welcome addition to the factory guards behind them. Note that there are replacements if you've busted the original OEM guards, and also what I have installed, that go over the OEM shock guards.

I went to Lowes and got rubber washers for everything so I could imagine that the paint wouldn't rub off being metal on metal. Yeah, I'm that kind of guy. Time will tell.

Other than that, nothing new to report for now. Have a few things in the pipeline that may or may not materialize, more to follow.

The next routine service on the Raptor will have FMI's lower shock skid plates installed, their differential skid plate, and the Ford Performance differential cover. The FP cover has been left alone, the others have been cerakoted with clear. My dealer also pushes Amsoil, so I'll refill the diff with it.

Enjoy.

1688784398519.png

1688784430958.png