New Deavers or ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone had an issue with Deaver +3SD sagging over time? Have about 75k on them. I have Fox coilovers in the front and very little preload and I feel like I'm right at level now or maybe a bit nose up but close. I have a single 37 mounted flat in bed now.
I'll be adding a SDHQ tire carrier and 2 spares here soon and do carry some additional weight from time to time for camping and other trips. Was thinking of just swapping out to some Deaver +4 with some KHC +1" shackles for a half inch drop. Then level it out with my coilovers in the front. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20210628_065413.jpg
    20210628_065413.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210628_065433.jpg
    20210628_065433.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 61

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the weight that ill be adding with another spare and the rack do you think I should go HDs or stick with the SDs?
Btw you burro build it awesome!!
ha thanks!..

my preference is to not go HDs unless you tow or have a bed top camper. the extra spare and rack will give the rear end a nice float. though you could prob benefit from some bumps if you dont have them already.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha thanks!..

my preference is to not go HDs unless you tow or have a bed top camper. the extra spare and rack will give the rear end a nice float. though you could prob benefit from some bumps if you dont have them already.
Yes sir. Kinda what I was thinking. Dont really want the HDs unless really needed them and just wasn't sure with some extra weight that ill be adding.
Already have SVC bumps so good there.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have about the same mileage as the OP, mine have not sagged at all, although I have not measured, just going by eyeball. I baby it lately though. Use my kids truck for hauling yard stuff or whatever these days.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have about the same mileage as the OP, mine have not sagged at all, although I have not measured, just going by eyeball. I baby it lately though. Use my kids truck for hauling yard stuff or whatever these days.
I have drove mine hard a few times and have hauled a couple hundred pounds of gear from time to time. Including a few times in the air with that gear in the back. Also dragging a trailer but thats only for 10-15 miles a couple times a month.
Before the Fox 3.0s I have SVC CAS with stock shocks in the front and had a good bit of preloaded with the +3 Deavers but when I went to the Fox 3.0s I def had way less preload then I thought I would. Just seems to be sagging more and more over time. Have had the Deavers on since 2018ish.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll also be adding some McNeil +2 fenders that I ordered to cut down on all the rubbing with the 37s. Its all good offroad when going straight and a little bit of turning but if I turn any more I rub pretty good. So the fenders and a bit more preload should help that out too.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you're giving some new life to your truck at this point, I would throw on some new deavers, if I was in the same situation, for me it would be because mine are crusty and rusty under all that coating of fluid film. :)

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're giving some new life to your truck at this point, I would throw on some new deavers, if I was in the same situation, for me it would be because mine are crusty and rusty under all that coating of fluid film. :)
I have tried to keep her fresh. She has 118k on her now. New motor and new suspension parts and new life.
What fluid film you use?