New Deavers or ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed my +3 HDs last night in 3 hours. Used a shop hoist and a pneumatic cutting tool for the front bolts. Straightforward install.

flynford

Reaction score
Springs are a wear item so with your use and mileage, it makes sense that they're starting to sag, especially being non-HD.

With a bed rack, two tires, and gear, you're going to want to go with the HD spring rate this time around. I'd recommend doing Deaver +4s (which are HD by default). Grab some drop shackles to drop the rear and then fine tune the coilovers like you said. You'll be set at that point.
To Nick's point, don't let the HDs scare you; for which, the nice artifact of longer shackles other than helping with the ride height lowering effect is that it also helps soften(for lack of a better term) the spring rate of the HDs. Unless it is a setup where you have the 500lbs weight scenario more than 50% of the time, going that >4+ height HDs should almost always be paired with longer shackles (No more than 2") for most weekend warrior setups.

I've helped folks who went HDs and dreaded their installation. Installing longer shackles like RPGs made a huge difference with the ride quality.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To Nick's point, don't let the HDs scare you; for which, the nice artifact of longer shackles other than helping with the ride height lowering effect is that it also helps soften(for lack of a better term) the spring rate of the HDs. Unless it is a setup where you have the 500lbs weight scenario more than 50% of the time, going that >4+ height HDs should almost always be paired with longer shackles (No more than 2") for most weekend warrior setups.

I've helped folks who went HDs and dreaded their installation. Installing longer shackles like RPGs made a huge difference with the ride quality.
Man thanks for chiming in. Sounds pretty much what I'm looking for. Really appreciate your help!

raptornice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone had an issue with Deaver +3SD sagging over time? Have about 75k on them. I have Fox coilovers in the front and very little preload and I feel like I'm right at level now or maybe a bit nose up but close. I have a single 37 mounted flat in bed now.
I'll be adding a SDHQ tire carrier and 2 spares here soon and do carry some additional weight from time to time for camping and other trips. Was thinking of just swapping out to some Deaver +4 with some KHC +1" shackles for a half inch drop. Then level it out with my coilovers in the front. Thoughts?
i have the Deavers +3 HD and they dont sag at all, i love the ride