Deavers or Icon's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johan

Reaction score
Hello, 2018 with stock suspension, wanting to switch out the rear leaf springs. I have narrowed it down between Icon or Deavers. I do tow 5000lbs occasionally (travel trailer) and it sags badly when doing so. My goals are, 1/ reduce the sag when towing 2/better on/off road ride. I am leaving towards Deavers with a 2 inch lift just would like some opinions. I do not get the price difference between each thou? Thanks for any input.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of threads discussing this, but I personally went with Deavers +2HD. So basically stock height. No more Axle hop/wrap, and dramatically helped with towing. It does ride stiffer than stock, but a couple of hundred pounds in the bed helps. Depending how often you tow I might even consider +3HDs.

Here's what I looked like towing around 5800lbs combined.

Attachments

• IMG_3108.JPG
    IMG_3108.JPG
    377.1 KB · Views: 104

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Deavers.

I have Icons currently and don't have as much droop for offroading as Deavers. The double wrap on the Icons do not allow the shackle to move as freely. I will be replacing my Icons with Deavers soon.

OP
OP
Johan

Johan

Reaction score
Thank you, yeah I do not tow that often but this is what it looks like stock. Drives ok but could def be better. Best bet to get the deavers directly from them or do you recommend a vendor?65439039454--819970D3-DF98-4E49-BA83-5D1D51529748.fullsizerender.jpg

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the same as Wilbur but got them from Nick@apollo-optics IIRC. However my truck was fairly level due to the rear springs flattening before 30k. I didn’t want just another set as I tow a 21’ twin engine Yamaha boat. With the springs I’m back to a sleight rake as I wanted. You get used to the extra spring rate in the ride pretty quick. I don’t even keep 50th s of gear in the back for daily driving.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
following for more info, was thinkin icons myself but i just see some qc issues pop up more.
Deavers seem pretty good but man, payin that much then having to take it apart and coat it so it doesnt completely rust in a year is a bit off putting.

Whats everyone doin for bump stops? Seems like theres some options for a bump pad relocation. Not sure if i want to drop a decent bit of coin for the fancy shock stops

OP
OP
Johan

Johan

Reaction score
following for more info, was thinkin icons myself but i just see some qc issues pop up more.
Deavers seem pretty good but man, payin that much then having to take it apart and coat it so it doesnt completely rust in a year is a bit off putting.

Whats everyone doin for bump stops? Seems like theres some options for a bump pad relocation. Not sure if i want to drop a decent bit of coin for the fancy shock stops
You have to coat the Deavers? And do I need different bump stops? Sorry noob questions.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You have to coat the Deavers? And do I need different bump stops? Sorry noob questions.

It's best to recoat the Deavers, yes. The factory block has the bump stop pad which gets eliminated with new rear springs. It's best to go with a hydraulic bump over the factory rubber ժiιժօ. Unless you are @Oldfart Then he just repurpose them.