Anyone Running RPG Traction or SVC Track Bars? WORTH THE $$ or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a complete redo on my Suspension, and in the process of getting all the parts together to do install at once.

So far I have the following:
FRONT
- Fox 3.0 Factory Race Series C/O's
- RPG Steering Tie Rods

REAR
- Fox 3.0 Factory Race External Bypass (Backorder)
- RPG O-R Adjustable Fox 2.5 Hydraulic Bump System
- Icon Multi-Rate Leaf Springs (Option 2)
- Camburg Rear Mig Extended Shackles (To Drop 1")

On top of the above, I'm also considering doing the RPG or SVC traction bars to further assist in getting the truck to feel more planted when going over speed bumps in town and helping in the "moguls" & dips off-road. HOWEVER, I'm wondering if dropping another $2,000 for them is worth it with what I'm already going to be installing?

Would definitely appreciate input from anyone whose added them.

Thanks.

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SVC traction bars installed on my truck. I feel that the rear end feels more planted and wheel hop is gone.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in this as well.
Dont really notice any weirdness goin over speed bumps, but hitting washboards off road the rear slides all over the place, not sure if this would be fixed or not by this.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interested in this as well.
Dont really notice any weirdness goin over speed bumps, but hitting washboards off road the rear slides all over the place, not sure if this would be fixed or not by this.

i always thought it was from the staggered shocks, as gen1 didnt really do this at all with both shocks mounted forward...

i can say that deaver springs def helped, but not totally gone.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the SVC traction bars since my truck was built by Texas Motorworx. I definitely wanted them.

On road, my truck is always planted. Doesn’t do any of the weird stuff I read about. Doesn’t have wheel hop, axle wrap, or any type of vagueness over highway lane changes where cracks are present.

Off road they work just as well. And as far as some claims that you lose ground clearance, I have 1 nick in the left mount. That’s it, and my truck has roughly 5K Baja miles on it.

Sure they are expensive, but quality costs money, and I really think it was money well spent.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that sounds positive that they do make a difference. Right now, with my 90,000 mile worn OEM suspension, hitting speed bumps kicks the back out to the side like a buckin' bronc.....I'll be glad to have that gone. Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m chiming in here as an owner of a torque arm equipped Rap, which I believe is practically equivalent to your ask. I think the traction bars are a few percentage points more solid and positive in axle location, but you give up zero ground clearance ... such as it is.

It is definitely worth the money. All you need to do is get the truck really out of shape once and you’ll be thinking to yourself how much that sucked.

The back to back runs I made before and after the torque arm were night and day different. With the torque arm - and the traction bars I’m sure are even better - if you over do it with the throttle, you can control it, rather than the rear axle bouncing the left wheel up and down, right wheel oscillating front to back.

Spdrcrj

Reaction score
Not sure how much these two setups are but I installed Caltracs and they work perfectly. Truck feels much more solid in general. Significantly less bed shake and no axle hop. A set only runs $430. Just throwing another ave out there.