Help picking which deavers to run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsimms89

Reaction score
I currently have a 2014 raptor that I’ve installed the 700+hp whipple kit from JDM About 50,000 miles ago with factory springs on mid perch but everything else on the truck is stock. I’m about to replace the shocks with new oem but am looking on upgrading the springs at the same time. For the front I’m pretty settled on Geiser progressive springs for the front but am deciding on low or mid perch.

In the rear I want to put in deavers to keep the truck more planted when accelerating. At some point in the future I’d like to get the rpg traction bars & frame support and bump stop setup as well, so I’m doing this work with that in mind.

I want to keep the rake similar to what I have now with stock at mid perch, so to me that seems like I would have to do geiser at low perch in the front and deaver+2, or +3 with the drop shackle. Is there any benefit to the +3 with the drip shackle vs the +2?

I usually only have 100-200lbs in the bed daily, but which would be better with the supercharger the SD or HD deavers? Would I be happier with the +3HD with the drop shackles?

Also if I decided to put on 37” KO2s (which I know is a smaller 37)in the future when I need new tires would I be ok with the geiser on mid perch and no other mods? I’ve heard some people say geiser s at mid perch strain the rest of the front? And I’ve heard other people run 37s on geiser s at low perch just doing the pinch welds. Is there any truth to any of that or is it ok to run?

OP
OP
bsimms89

bsimms89

Reaction score
Im wondering if I should just start with geisers on low and +3s with a drop shackle that was I could always switch to mids, and take out the drip shackle in the future, unless there is a downside to running the +3 with a drip shackle with oem shocks.

But I just don’t know whether SD or HD springs would be better for my application.

Last edited:

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you're carrying a bunch of weight in the bed i'd go with the SD springs. I also have Geisers on mid and they feel fine to me but i don't know what it feels like on low perch so i would just try both and see what you like. Everyone is going to have an opinion on how it feels and to me its like listening to a food review. just because someone else likes it doesn't mean i will, just try both. Also, some of the bump stop kits require you to unbolt the leafs to get the bump pad installed so you may want to consider doing springs and bumps at the same time. Or if you have a welder you can probably weld any of the bump pads on

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Im currently at geiser low with +3s it rides nicely kinda like on mid oe springs. The rear sits up higher obviously since its the +3 thats an 1” higher. Ill be going geiser mid when i can so itll be closer to level.

This pic is right after they were put on before any settling. Its a tad less noticeable now but still booty high lol IMG_9075.jpeg

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following as well. I really like how the truck rides stock, and would not want to lift it at all. However, if I can get better ride quality over sharp bumps/road imperfections at stock height I'm all about it.