New Deavers or ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious what the aversion is to the HDs? What about adding leaf to existing springs?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't heard of anyone doing that to Deavers. Not saying you can't.

Ahhh, you absolutely can. they’re not dynamic spool valves or triple reservoir king shocks they’re a bunch of metal slats stacked onto one another w/ enough quality baked in they’ll rust nicely within a year. People act like there’s some magic fairy dust on em- IMHO I think more owners would be better off doing w/o em to begin w/ & adding leafs to the stock springs & modifying/swapping out bump stops

would be way cheaper - I get that the truck has bad wheel hop, 4A helps, adding leafs would help too, as much as deavers? Not sure not enough people have even bothered trying just automatically go to icon or Deaver or a TQ arm etc, I can tell you one thing for sure though, if special leaf packs were the real cure to wheel hop/axle wrap then the gen3 would have some modified OEM leaf setup, OR much like they do w/ fox or B&O they’d reach out to Deaver directly to make em for Ford. Most likely Ford wouldn’t do that though, b/c again- they’re basic b***h leaf springs & not a Dana axle or an Alison tranny lol

once they’re on a gen2 is what it is & im sure they improve the ride, but if they’re gonna sag eventually like stock springs & rust to hell NOT like stock springs, me? I’d just add some leafs to the OEM pack, have em re-arched & call it a day

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, you absolutely can. they’re not dynamic spool valves or triple reservoir king shocks they’re a bunch of metal slats stacked onto one another w/ enough quality baked in they’ll rust nicely within a year. People act like there’s some magic fairy dust on em- IMHO I think more owners would be better off doing w/o em to begin w/ & adding leafs to the stock springs & modifying/swapping out bump stops

would be way cheaper - I get that the truck has bad wheel hop, 4A helps, adding leafs would help too, as much as deavers? Not sure not enough people have even bothered trying just automatically go to icon or Deaver or a TQ arm etc, I can tell you one thing for sure though, if special leaf packs were the real cure to wheel hop/axle wrap then the gen3 would have some modified OEM leaf setup, OR much like they do w/ fox or B&O they’d reach out to Deaver directly to make em for Ford. Most likely Ford wouldn’t do that though, b/c again- they’re basic b***h leaf springs & not a Dana axle or an Alison tranny lol

once they’re on a gen2 is what it is & im sure they improve the ride, but if they’re gonna sag eventually like stock springs & rust to hell NOT like stock springs, me? I’d just add some leafs to the OEM pack, have em re-arched & call it a day
I think your right for the average person a simple ADL would be all that would be needed. I know there are a few here that have done them and they worked great. It was an option I looked I to when I initially bought my Deavers. I went with the piece of mind knowing I was getting a great product from a great company. From the moment I put them on I noticed the wheels hop was less, the ride was better and they matched my front lift from SVC CAS perfectly to fit 37s. I do drive on dirt/gravel road almost everyday for work so I wanted to know that my money and time was going to get me the results I wanted and the Deavers did that for me.
And I get kick out of your user name ever time I see it. Hahah

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick! Thanks for chiming in. I didnt know the +4 were an HD by default. Thanks! I think your right and what ill plan on doing. Really appreciate your help.
Do yall carry both Deavers and KHC? If so could you PM me a price on some +4s and some +1 shackles.
Thanks!

We sure do, and I've got a PM headed your way.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m on 35s
weight is camping (not overlanding!)and recovery gear
deaver 4 and 4hd are not the same
point is my back height and yours are about the same
you want to use as soft a spring as possible for off road performance
i might get +5 next time, you have to decide how much compression versus droop you want it’s not really about looks
you’ll probably carry more weight in the bed as you go along too

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m on 35s
weight is camping (not overlanding!)and recovery gear
deaver 4 and 4hd are not the same
point is my back height and yours are about the same
you want to use as soft a spring as possible for off road performance
i might get +5 next time, you have to decide how much compression versus droop you want it’s not really about looks
you’ll probably carry more weight in the bed as you go along too
So what your saying is you would rather have a softer leaf spring with more lift than a stiffer spring with less lift? Like a +5SD over a +4HD. Right?
I want level, no rubbing, and a plush ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20