My oil change suggestion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyrikal

Reaction score
I've been thinking about going synthetic myself, doesn't seem like it could hurt. Guess I'll have to try one and see how it goes!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are you talking about Willis? If you love your cars then do Synthetic. I have been using it for over 15 years without issue.

I've been thinking about going synthetic myself, doesn't seem like it could hurt. Guess I'll have to try one and see how it goes!

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you change your oil at home, this will save you some coin and a big oil spot on your driveway!!!

The Raptor is equipped with sort of a catch-pan and drain under the oil filter...problem is oil goes in the drain pan and overflows the back side and spills all over the skid plate...which then drains every which way on to your driveway.

What you need to do is slightly bend that catch pan downward to direct the oil toward the front of the truck and take your oil filter off slow!!! The first time you try this lay down newspaper until you get the hang of it.

Second point: Wal Mart. A 5qt jug of Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-20 is 22 bucks!! Buy 3 of them at a time and it will get you 2 oil changes for $66 bucks! As for the oil filter, Wal Mart sells the Ford Motorcraft oil filter for $2.97 and yes it's the same as the one you buy at the dealer!

Simply excellent advice. One more thing to mention if your DIY. After the refill let the motor run for about 15 minutes or until at normal operating temp. Then "top it off" with at most 1/4 quart. Believe me it will help in the long run.