My oil change suggestion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
If you change your oil at home, this will save you some coin and a big oil spot on your driveway!!!

The Raptor is equipped with sort of a catch-pan and drain under the oil filter...problem is oil goes in the drain pan and overflows the back side and spills all over the skid plate...which then drains every which way on to your driveway.

What you need to do is slightly bend that catch pan downward to direct the oil toward the front of the truck and take your oil filter off slow!!! The first time you try this lay down newspaper until you get the hang of it.

Second point: Wal Mart. A 5qt jug of Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-20 is 22 bucks!! Buy 3 of them at a time and it will get you 2 oil changes for $66 bucks! As for the oil filter, Wal Mart sells the Ford Motorcraft oil filter for $2.97 and yes it's the same as the one you buy at the dealer!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a good tip, but also if you don't wanna bend anything, you can remove the skidplate altogether. There are only 6 screws holding it on, so it comes off easy.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Full synth ONLY for mine. Been using the Ford Motorcraft but may give Royal Purple a whirl next time
That's also on my list of many items to try..
Keep hearing nothing but good stuff, but oil has come a long way..

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I go with what Ford suggested, Fords Motorcraft 5-W 20 Synthetic Blend. Buy it by the case at Wal-Mart, and spend some quality time under your Raptors. Cars like thier owners more if they get thier owners personal attention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc