Simple: recommended oil and filter for Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another oil thread? Great, needed another one like a gas mileage, tire, PPF does this prius make my ass look fat, thread. Ise the search function, there is a big oil thread with lots of info.

FWIW, I run Amsoil 5-30 SS at 5k mile intervals with a Ford filter.

@Old-Raptor-guy might give you some other information.
I am to worn out to do my standard reply, soooo. Change your oil often 5k max!!

I have owned mine one year 2 months, put 13700 miles on it and have changed the oil 4 times. I am confident I can get 250,000 miles plus.

One of my customers just sent his 2011 f150 3.5 ecoboost to the junk yard, needed engine. It had 301,787 miles on the original. So the engines are capable, the rest of the truck was pretty rough since it was a construction truck. Again says alot about Ford F150 and the ecoboost engine. It was only mildly taken care of, not neglected but not treated with kid gloves.

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pennzoil synthetic 5-30 fram tough guard
But…I do have a oil filter relocated kit and a slightly larger filter

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have the metal drain plug you may want to consider installing one of these if you have not already. Even removing the "REMOVE FOR OIL CHANGE" skid plate it still got oil everywhere once it lost pressure. They should have opened up that plate alittle more. Looking forward to the next oil change where I can attach the hose and drain it with ease.

Fumoto.PNG

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have the metal drain plug you may want to consider installing one of these if you have not already. Even removing the "REMOVE FOR OIL CHANGE" skid plate it still got oil everywhere once it lost pressure. They should have opened up that plate alittle more. Looking forward to the next oil change where I can attach the hose and drain it with ease.

View attachment 424596

i just put one on during my last oil change...

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wait for the oil light to come on before topping it off. Sometimes 25-50, or 10-30w just depends what oil is the cheapest at walmart.

I mean, it's just like gas, no point in filling up till the low gas light comes on.

Amsoil every 3k miles with motorcraft filter

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I wait for the oil light to come on before topping it off. Sometimes 25-50, or 10-30w just depends what oil is the cheapest at walmart.

I mean, it's just like gas, no point in filling up till the low gas light comes on.

Amsoil every 3k miles with motorcraft filter

This approach might be ok for your lawn mower, but not a vehicle you rely on getting you around.

Change. Your. Oil.