A better oil filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They say...its more important to change the filter before the oil if there is a choice.

Since we are not poor, change all that shit every 4-6k miles. Unless you're off-roading it and racing for a team for high stakes cost over the desert, then you would be in a whole other class of mechanical worries.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oil changes every 6,000 miles or six months, whichever comes first, even if it means changing the oil in the snow. Drain and refill power steering reservoir every other oil change. Transfer case fluid and differential gear oil every two years. Transmission fluid and filter every 50K miles. That's my prescription for long vehicle life with few if any repairs. It has worked for me since I got my first vehicle in 1972.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love it when random idiots on the Internet think they know better than the next guy just trying to crowd source information.

You’re not going to like this part but I can guarantee I know more than you when it comes to the automotive world and I have the degree to prove it.

My wife drives 5 miles to work each way with the truck. Should I stick to a 10k interval and done as you suggested? Absolutely! If if wanted to destroy my motor.

Furthermore, with the oil analysis that other members have provided on here proving that the Ecoboost is hard on oil, why wouldn’t I be looking for the best possible solution?
a5d153900f2580756c8592f79ea1b7480513a709ddfab77904.jpg

Spinothalamic

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I ended up scooping up a couple Amsoil filters. I’m only at 2200 miles so I’ll wait another month or two so I can spill oil on my searing hot Tennessee driveway.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I ended up scooping up a couple Amsoil filters. I’m only at 2200 miles so I’ll wait another month or two so I can spill oil on my searing hot Tennessee driveway.
The Fumoto SX valve is super nice to keep the mess down. It also makes it much easier/safer to do a hot oil change.