GEN 2 mirror glass clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be an issue with how the side mirror position settings are linked to a particular key fob. Try un-linking the key fob from all the memory positions to see if this helps solve the issue.

Instructions below on how to link and unlink key fobs from memory positions.

View attachment 131895

Referencing my previous post. I also had this issue, but once I un-linked both key fobs from all three memory positions, I haven't had this issue.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
Referencing my previous post. I also had this issue, but once I un-linked both key fobs from all three memory positions, I haven't had this issue.

thanks, will try.
however, un-linking the key fob means the fancy functional benefit is disabled as well. :(

RyanM

Reaction score
Can’t believe this hasn’t been solved. I’ve just procrastinated for years now on this problem. Ford wanted $200 just to look at it when I brought in for seperate issue. I said absolutely not. Doesn’t seem to be a solution out there. My fingers are crossed that something won’t eventually crack and really create an issue. It’s happened over 100 times in my 5 years of owning my 18.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can’t believe this hasn’t been solved. I’ve just procrastinated for years now on this problem. Ford wanted $200 just to look at it when I brought in for seperate issue. I said absolutely not. Doesn’t seem to be a solution out there. My fingers are crossed that something won’t eventually crack and really create an issue. It’s happened over 100 times in my 5 years of owning my 18.
This was resolved 3 years ago. It’s a simple door module software update.

If you had them diagnose it they would (should) have ran OASIS and found Service Message 49217, which applies to various models from 2015-2020.

RyanM

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this response! My friend/mechanic that works at a Mr. Tire said it would be $250 to update and program but he can't assure me it'll fix the problem. Is there anything else worthy that I should be asking him to do at the same time or its that not how it works?

Have to assume Ford will stick to their $200 minimum to look at any problem. At least at my dealership that's how they roll.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this response! My friend/mechanic that works at a Mr. Tire said it would be $250 to update and program but he can't assure me it'll fix the problem. Is there anything else worthy that I should be asking him to do at the same time or its that not how it works?

Have to assume Ford will stick to their $200 minimum to look at any problem. At least at my dealership that's how they roll.
$250? It takes less than 15 minutes to update both modules. As far as fixing the problem, that’s literally was the update was released for, so that’s the first step regardless.

RyanM

Reaction score
I have confirmed with my Ford dealership down the road that it would be $200 to perform this update and there is no guaranteeing that this would be the solution to the problem or guarantee that something else wouldn't need to be performed to solve. Just wild how service handles scenarios like this at Ford. A problem that has existed since owning the vehicle for 5 years. It's like they don't even want to hear you talk about what you might of researched the solution is. No matter what you need to bring it there and leave for the entire day and they will get back to you if they get to it.

Will update if it works.

One last time. Since I am having these people connect something to the car to update. Is there something else I should ask to have them update at the same time that would fix another problem I am not aware of?

Thanks!