Gen 3 2023 Major electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last and final update:

So because the tech did a master reset at the time of the GWM & DDM repair, the modem went into a deep sleep. And Ford tech told me to wait 10-14 and the modem would reactivate on its own.so I waited; a recent customer satisfaction bulletin suggested pulling fuse 32 to force a BCM reset and triggering an OTA. Tried that several times, including this past Sunday (14 days already elapsed). So I called FordPass after trying to unsuccessfully activate again; this time the FordPass error read “Call FordPass “. They did some trouble shooting and said that my modem is in a pending status and have a Ford tech reset the modem. So I made an appointment for Wednesday. The morning of Wednesday, I start it up and found all the connectivity issues resolved, apparently an OTA pushed through and immediately resolved ALL my issues. The update specifically listed as a Connectivity update, addressing this known issue. So in short, the whole connectivity issue is software related and possibly nothing a Ford Dealership could have done, being since they tried every module update they could, resulting in no forced OTA.

Now having them deal with squeaky front shocks, but that’s another thread on its own.

Thanks everyone for the input.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@dmaustin Shoot me your vin and i can see if you have any updates avail and what your GWM config looks like. If you want.
EDIT: Ford will release a OTA for 23MY F150 in March. Apparently there is a known issue. If you dont get the OTA you can take it back to the dealer as they have a procedure to fix the GWM in FDRS.
The OTA came through and all connectivity issues are restored. Off subject any idea about squeaky front shocks; took it to the dealership 3 times and apparently they couldn’t hear it. Every time I took it there, it rained so the squeaky noise wasn’t apparent.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Let me guess, the tech reinstalled it, and service notes say “investigated DDM, no problem found” ?

tech had to do a master reset, which automatically disables the modem for 10-14 days.
200.gif

the tech did a master reset at the time of the GWM & DDM repair, the modem went into a deep sleep
and still more male bovine solid waste...

The morning of Wednesday, I start it up and found all the connectivity issues resolved, apparently an OTA pushed through and immediately resolved ALL my issues. The update specifically listed as a Connectivity update, addressing this known issue. So in short, the whole connectivity issue is software related and possibly nothing a Ford Dealership could have done, being since they tried every module update they could, resulting in no forced OTA.

Now we’re getting closer to an accurate RCA

I think the best possible answer is to disable OTA updates before taking the truck in for service to avoid the follow on connectivity drama.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me guess, the tech reinstalled it, and service notes say “investigated DDM, no problem found” ?

View attachment 447049

and still more male bovine solid waste...

Now we’re getting closer to an accurate RCA

I think the best possible answer is to disable OTA updates before taking the truck in for service to avoid the follow on connectivity drama.
No actually my DDM melted. They replaced the GWM before they found this melted DDM. So the GWM that they replaced , may have still been in good condition. The GWM wasn’t getting communication when tested . After they replaced the GWM , he found that the GWM was still not getting communication and he backtracked to the DDM, and found it melted. Crazy part about this is I told them I smelled plastic burning.

Attachments

• IMG_5575.jpeg
    IMG_5575.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter