MY NEW 23 GEN 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking to mod, get a reasonable offset wheel and throw on some "on the small" side 37s on there to avoid any rubbing. Upgrading Raptors suspension correctly is a very expensive road to go down to do it properly if you plan to offroad fast. Since you said low speeds, top hat type mods will be fine.
Just remember to upgrade the spare to a 37 as well. If you keep the stock wheel as a spare, keep some of your stock lug nuts.

pirates1456

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt like my intro and questions were realistic, sorry about the caps, i'm at my work computer, my service program doesn't recognize lower case, was not paying attention, but the responses from the ass clowns in the room are not necessary, i deer in hunt Florida 2-3 months out of the year, off road but not at high speeds, and not in terrible terrain, some mud but just average off road conditions, i really like the ride i have, but enjoy the looks of some larger wheels and tires, so really looking for the best of both worlds, do not want to take away from the performance of this truck, so i want to push as far as i can without doing that.
the 18in wheels 8.5-9 wide with a 37 tire sound like my limit and completly ok with that, ive already purchased the SDi top hat, which is on back order, so my short lived time on here has already paid off, thank you all for the info so far...im sure i will have more questions in the future
Def a Florida man.... the initial aggression hurt my feelings.
Sincerely, FUCKATARD

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I searched "biggest tire gen 3". So easy, even a caveman could do it.
But if you strive for compensation inquiries by all means go bigger.
LOLS. Cavemen have to show the cavewomen out to work with tech.

I felt like my intro and questions were realistic, sorry about the caps, i'm at my work computer, my service program doesn't recognize lower case, was not paying attention, but the responses from the ass clowns in the room are not necessary, i deer in hunt Florida 2-3 months out of the year, off road but not at high speeds, and not in terrible terrain, some mud but just average off road conditions, i really like the ride i have, but enjoy the looks of some larger wheels and tires, so really looking for the best of both worlds, do not want to take away from the performance of this truck, so i want to push as far as i can without doing that.
the 18in wheels 8.5-9 wide with a 37 tire sound like my limit and completly ok with that, ive already purchased the SDi top hat, which is on back order, so my short lived time on here has already paid off, thank you all for the info so far...im sure i will have more questions in the future

You’re on the right track in the first of your use case descriptions, but 18” wheels will limit your tire choices more than a bit. 37x17’s are readily available and known to work. Troll the garage sale section for a set of 37PP take offs. They will fit, won’t rub and give you time to shop for wheels if you want them. Don’t mess with bead lock capable wheels if your use case doesn’t support using them. What you describe above doesn’t. Save the extra $$$ and weight.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I searched "biggest tire gen 3". So easy, even a caveman could do it.
But if you strive for compensation inquiries by all means go bigger.

IMG_5819.jpeg

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YUP, AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE FUCKATARDS I WAS REFERING TO.....THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE OR TWO IN A FORUM THAT ENJOYS BEING A PECKERWOOD!
ANY HELP OR ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....AND TO BE STRAIGHT IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A SMART ASS, PLEASE JUST DONT EEVEN BOTHER....THX
GOTTA LOVE A KEYBOARD COWBOY!!

I SPENT A LIL TIME REVIEWING AND SEARCHING, WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND AN ANSWER TO THE EXACT QUESTION I WAS LOOKING FOR, OTHERS HAVE BEEN ACTUALLY HELPFULL OTHER THAN YOU....
:rofl:

1710968353333.png

At least your follow on posts are not as ass baring

But when you walk into someone's home and pee on the carpet you need to expect to get shit back

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NEW TO THE FORUM, AND NEW TO OWNING A RAPTOR, COMING OUT OF A F250 SUPERDUTY WITH GIANT LIFT AND TIRES, WANT TO LEARN ABOUT MY OPTIONS OF MODS AND UPGRADES...SO GO EASY ON ME, I WILL TRY NOT TO ASK TOO MANY DUMB QUESTIONS....

SO HERE IS MY FIRST QUESTION...I WANT TO REPLACE STOCK 35s AND WHEELS WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT, NOT TRYING TO GO CRAZY WITH 22s....

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE IF I ONLY WANNA TO A 1.5 COLLAR LEVELING TYPE KIT...KEEPING IT "0" OFFSET... CAN I DO 18X8 OR 9 WIDE?

AND IF I DO GO LARGER WHAT DIRECTIONS IS BEST TO GO AS FAR AS LIFTS...IM SURE ITS MUCH DIOFFERENT THAT THE BDS LIFT I HAD ON MY F250..

ANY HELP OR ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....AND TO BE STRAIGHT IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A SMART ASS, PLEASE JUST DONT EEVEN BOTHER....THX
keep it stock or return it to the dealer