MY NEW 23 GEN 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigVic76

BigVic76

Reaction score
A) Don't be a d u m b a s s -- seriously, read the room
B) ALL CAPS IS RUDE
C) The search function, or even just reading works very well
YUP, AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE FUCKATARDS I WAS REFERING TO.....THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE OR TWO IN A FORUM THAT ENJOYS BEING A PECKERWOOD!
ANY HELP OR ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....AND TO BE STRAIGHT IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A SMART ASS, PLEASE JUST DONT EEVEN BOTHER....THX
GOTTA LOVE A KEYBOARD COWBOY!!

I SPENT A LIL TIME REVIEWING AND SEARCHING, WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND AN ANSWER TO THE EXACT QUESTION I WAS LOOKING FOR, OTHERS HAVE BEEN ACTUALLY HELPFULL OTHER THAN YOU....

OP
OP
BigVic76

BigVic76

Reaction score
Welcome. This is not a truck to be lifted without facing serious scorn from 99% of the Raptor world. 18x9 will work. 37's will fit without a collar or other modifications.
Awesome, this is exactly what i wanted to hear, thank you for your normal and informative response...

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YUP, AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE FUCKATARDS I WAS REFERING TO.....THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE OR TWO IN A FORUM THAT ENJOYS BEING A PECKERWOOD!
ANY HELP OR ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....AND TO BE STRAIGHT IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A SMART ASS, PLEASE JUST DONT EEVEN BOTHER....THX
GOTTA LOVE A KEYBOARD COWBOY!!

I SPENT A LIL TIME REVIEWING AND SEARCHING, WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND AN ANSWER TO THE EXACT QUESTION I WAS LOOKING FOR, OTHERS HAVE BEEN ACTUALLY HELPFULL OTHER THAN YOU....
It is hard for most of us to justify messing up one of the greatest offroad stock pickups with a lift and rims. If you are just going for looks and have no problem with poor ride quality outcomes then there are so many threads with the answers you seek. Nice truck. Its your ride do what you want, but don't say you didn't know.

OP
OP
BigVic76

BigVic76

Reaction score
It is hard for most of us to justify messing up one of the greatest offroad stock pickups with a lift and rims. If you are just going for looks and have no problem with poor ride quality outcomes then there are so many threads with the answers you seek. Nice truck. Its your ride do what you want, but don't say you didn't know.
That is why i am here asking questions, don't want to mess the truck up, but would like to customize it without ******** it up...isnt that what these threads and forums are for? For un informed people to be more informed about there truck, and do's and don'ts....Like i said in my original post, i came out of a huge truck with 7in lift, big wheels and tires, if i wanted to stay in that type of truck i easily could have, but i do want to add a little flavor to this one...just looking for ansers from people who own and how have owened these trucks that have more expereince than i do

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is why i am here asking questions, don't want to mess the truck up, but would like to customize it without ******** it up...isnt that what these threads and forums are for? For un informed people to be more informed about there truck, and do's and don'ts....Like i said in my original post, i came out of a huge truck with 7in lift, big wheels and tires, if i wanted to stay in that type of truck i easily could have, but i do want to add a little flavor to this one...just looking for ansers from people who own and how have owened these trucks that have more expereince than i do
Thank you for lowering the volume and fixing the caps lock button.

Almost any wheel you like will work, but I’d strongly suggest staying in the positive offsets, with 0 being the most aggressive. Going to a negative offset will give you too many problems and hurt the performance of the truck. (Stock offset is 34mm, most here run 0 to 20ish mm). 8.5-9” wide is where you want to be. Most go to a 37 tire. 12.50s fit well, 13.50s can get tough.

All you really need is a 1.5” collar up front, or the SDi tophats. Or, if you want more ride height because that’s what you’re used to, the 2.2/1.5 Pro kit from Eibach works well.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Awesome, this is exactly what i wanted to hear, thank you for your normal and informative response...
I searched "biggest tire gen 3". So easy, even a caveman could do it.
But if you strive for compensation inquiries by all means go bigger.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it matters most what is important to you to understand what to recommend. Often new owners will just come in guns blazing on what they want and then get ruffled when people start poking holes in their plans. Lots of good info all over this site. If you want to offroad your truck often a lift and rim swap typically reduces capabilities and overall ride quality if esthetics are primary concern. This truck stock will do almost any offroading you can handle. I offroad about 2-3 times a month and have kept my truck stock. I have a friend who offroads 3-4 times a year, but really offroads hard (think baja 1000 terrain) He has a highly modified suspention and whell setup. Bigger rims and really wide tires have no positive effect on the primary use of a raptor which is to go fast offroad over tough terrain. Again, what do you want to accomplish with your truck?

OP
OP
BigVic76

BigVic76

Reaction score
I guess it matters most what is important to you to understand what to recommend. Often new owners will just come in guns blazing on what they want and then get ruffled when people start poking holes in their plans. Lots of good info all over this site. If you want to offroad your truck often a lift and rim swap typically reduces capabilities and overall ride quality if esthetics are primary concern. This truck stock will do almost any offroading you can handle. I offroad about 2-3 times a month and have kept my truck stock. I have a friend who offroads 3-4 times a year, but really offroads hard (think baja 1000 terrain) He has a highly modified suspention and whell setup. Bigger rims and really wide tires have no positive effect on the primary use of a raptor which is to go fast offroad over tough terrain. Again, what do you want to accomplish with your truck?
I felt like my intro and questions were realistic, sorry about the caps, i'm at my work computer, my service program doesn't recognize lower case, was not paying attention, but the responses from the ass clowns in the room are not necessary, i deer in hunt Florida 2-3 months out of the year, off road but not at high speeds, and not in terrible terrain, some mud but just average off road conditions, i really like the ride i have, but enjoy the looks of some larger wheels and tires, so really looking for the best of both worlds, do not want to take away from the performance of this truck, so i want to push as far as i can without doing that.
the 18in wheels 8.5-9 wide with a 37 tire sound like my limit and completly ok with that, ive already purchased the SDi top hat, which is on back order, so my short lived time on here has already paid off, thank you all for the info so far...im sure i will have more questions in the future