Gen 3 electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Romes86

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So today suddenly coming down to almost idle speed, my truck stalls out with multiple faults on the gauge cluster. Traction control fault, pro power on board not available, and trailer brake fault. Truck started back up just fine. Then as I am slowing down to pull into my driveway same thing happens. Lately I have been randomly losing the center stack screen along my gauge cluster. They both shut off while driving for a few seconds, reboot, and everything comes back. Luckily I’m in good graces with the ford techs at the local dealer and am bringing it buy in the morning. Just wanted to pick anyone’s brain that may have had this on their GEN 3. Mines a 2022 37 pKG 10k miles. Thanks in advance.

sc85fiero

Reaction score
Going to need a lot more info to help with what could be hundreds of potential causes. If you want to PM me your VIN I can see what codes are stored in connected data assuming your vehicle is connected.

-Joe

gt350shelby

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So today suddenly coming down to almost idle speed, my truck stalls out with multiple faults on the gauge cluster. Traction control fault, pro power on board not available, and trailer brake fault. Truck started back up just fine. Then as I am slowing down to pull into my driveway same thing happens. Lately I have been randomly losing the center stack screen along my gauge cluster. They both shut off while driving for a few seconds, reboot, and everything comes back. Luckily I’m in good graces with the ford techs at the local dealer and am bringing it buy in the morning. Just wanted to pick anyone’s brain that may have had this on their GEN 3. Mines a 2022 37 pKG 10k miles. Thanks in advance.
Any updates on what the issue is? Thanks!

OP
OP
Romes86

Romes86

Reaction score
Hey everyone sorry delaying on this response. I was deployed for about 30 days as I am active duty. Took it to the dealer the next day after my first original post. Tech ran a diagnostic and no codes were discovered. Found to be a loose battery connection. All is well since.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to need a lot more info to help with what could be hundreds of potential causes. If you want to PM me your VIN I can see what codes are stored in connected data assuming your vehicle is connected.

-Joe
Joe I am have a different electrical issue to include burning smell of plastic, HVAC cluster , blind spot fault, driver/passenger door electrical not functional (windows mirrors), key fob buttons won’t lock or unlock the truck. And dash cluster now glitching.

sc85fiero

Reaction score
Joe I am have a different electrical issue to include burning smell of plastic, HVAC cluster , blind spot fault, driver/passenger door electrical not functional (windows mirrors), key fob buttons won’t lock or unlock the truck. And dash cluster now glitching.
It sounds like an issue on the MSCAN circuits. Is one of your tail lights cracked? Is there water coming in to the truck anywhere?

-Joe

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Dealership diagnostic found that burning smell was the Gateway Module that went bad. Dealership is getting the part overnight shipped to them. Supposedly the Gateway module is the main module and it went bad causing multiple systems to fail. Hopefully this fixes the issue; however the repair is somewhat involved. So cross my fingers

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like an issue on the MSCAN circuits. Is one of your tail lights cracked? Is there water coming in to the truck anywhere?

-Joe
No cracks or anything visually. Dealership found it to be a bad gate module that went bad.