Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MedCityRaptor

Reaction score
For all of you Gen 3 owners with the pro power that keep getting ground faults, I may have a solution for you. I was getting frustrated with my Ford dealer after taking it in 3 times for this. Each time they basically stated "wait for an OTA update" but it's been a year since I originally took it in for this. Every time it rained, snowed, or brought it through a carwash, this fault message came up. I am happy to say it has been over 3 weeks since I made this "repair" and I haven't received the message once and we have already had many days of rain and snow here in Minnesota. Above your driver's side exhaust tip is the connector for the pro power box in the bed. Remove the connector and blow it out really well with an air compressor to get any residual water out that may have made its way in to the plug. Add some dielectric grease to both sides of the connector. I also took a second preventative measure and wrapped the hell out of it in electrical tape. NO MORE GROUND FAULTS! :)

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 61
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 63
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 55
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 52
  • E.jpg
    E.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 62

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job--I would instead of electrical tape I would use some Dual wall adhesive lined shrink tubing, that water cannot get into--eventually water will find its way into the electrical tape!! Something like these--pick one!!

SHRINK TUBING

Reaction score
I have a 2022 GEN three, it is equipped with the outlets inside the cab and inside the bed. However, it is not equipped with and pro power on board switch, button, of any kind to activate them. Can someone please help me with this problem? Thank you.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 GEN three, it is equipped with the outlets inside the cab and inside the bed. However, it is not equipped with and pro power on board switch, button, of any kind to activate them. Can someone please help me with this problem? Thank you.
If you do not have a big inverter under drivers side rear seat and only have smaller inverter on passenger side, then you don’t have Power Pro. The receptacles you do have, even one in the bed should just work by plugging something into them. I’m assuming engine must be running.