Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 mirror glass clicking

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by pla748, Nov 3, 2019.

1. pla748

pla748 Member

Yeah, only the driver side too. During this cold winter, i remotely start a lot. when I tough the handle to open the door, the mirror start clicking. this happens more frequently then before.
    I dont know what to do if the service man will not replicate it. I request all reports everytime i went to the dealer.

2. pla748

pla748 Member

what are you going to do next ?

3. pla748

pla748 Member

I dropped off my car, and finally got reply:

"We've found the issue. We're in the process of ordering a new door module. It will be here tomorrow and I will get this taken care of. I will email or call when I've got it ready. "

Let's see.

4. Raptor18Actual

Raptor18Actual Full Access Member

I assume the "door module" is the switch pack that controls the windows and mirror controls?

5. HotLap

HotLap Full Access Member

Me too, mine is the passenger side doing the same thing as the OP posted in his vid. I stop it by selecting the mirror and just adjusting it slightly and it stops. Then I hit memory to get in correct position and all is good until the next encounter. Predominately happens on cold start up and won't do it for a while then will happen several times in a row.

OP, if you would, please keep us in the loop re your repair and if it solves the issue.

T.I.A.!

6. Crunchtime2k

Crunchtime2k Full Access Member

i solved this on a 2018 by updating the DDM and PDM modules firmware with IDS. they were several versions behind and it seems to have gone away. passenger side would do it somewhat often

7. pla748

pla748 Member

sure, i will get it posted here.

8. pla748

pla748 Member

no idea what it is. will ask

9. docskeet1

docskeet1 Full Access Member

My 2018 does this on the driver’s side rarely. I have done FORScan mods including, “global window” which changes the door control modules. I’ll try unlinking the key fob to see if it changes the clicking.

10. kids88yj

kids88yj Member

My 17 did this on the passenger side with me just walking by it . Not started but I had the key in my pocket. Mirror was folded in at the time. Started the truck and folded the mirror out and it quit. No forscan mods.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk