GEN 2 mirror glass clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
This happens to my 18 every once in a while when i hit the memory seat number. Dealer never gave me a real answer other than they couldn't replicate it.

I also notice if I tap the same memory seat number a few seconds after everything readjusts, the mirror moves a little... tap it again it readjusts again, and again.

This is only the drivers side mirror.

Yeah, only the driver side too. During this cold winter, i remotely start a lot. when I tough the handle to open the door, the mirror start clicking. this happens more frequently then before.
I dont know what to do if the service man will not replicate it. I request all reports everytime i went to the dealer.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
I dropped off my car, and finally got reply:

"We've found the issue. We're in the process of ordering a new door module. It will be here tomorrow and I will get this taken care of. I will email or call when I've got it ready. "

Let's see.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped off my car, and finally got reply:

"We've found the issue. We're in the process of ordering a new door module. It will be here tomorrow and I will get this taken care of. I will email or call when I've got it ready. "

Let's see.
I assume the "door module" is the switch pack that controls the windows and mirror controls?

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too, mine is the passenger side doing the same thing as the OP posted in his vid. I stop it by selecting the mirror and just adjusting it slightly and it stops. Then I hit memory to get in correct position and all is good until the next encounter. Predominately happens on cold start up and won't do it for a while then will happen several times in a row.

OP, if you would, please keep us in the loop re your repair and if it solves the issue.

T.I.A.!

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i solved this on a 2018 by updating the DDM and PDM modules firmware with IDS. they were several versions behind and it seems to have gone away. passenger side would do it somewhat often

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
Me too, mine is the passenger side doing the same thing as the OP posted in his vid. I stop it by selecting the mirror and just adjusting it slightly and it stops. Then I hit memory to get in correct position and all is good until the next encounter. Predominately happens on cold start up and won't do it for a while then will happen several times in a row.

OP, if you would, please keep us in the loop re your repair and if it solves the issue.

T.I.A.!

sure, i will get it posted here.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be an issue with how the side mirror position settings are linked to a particular key fob. Try un-linking the key fob from all the memory positions to see if this helps solve the issue.

Instructions below on how to link and unlink key fobs from memory positions.

View attachment 131895

My 2018 does this on the driver’s side rarely. I have done FORScan mods including, “global window” which changes the door control modules. I’ll try unlinking the key fob to see if it changes the clicking.

kids88yj

Reaction score
My 17 did this on the passenger side with me just walking by it . Not started but I had the key in my pocket. Mirror was folded in at the time. Started the truck and folded the mirror out and it quit. No forscan mods.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk