GEN 2 mirror glass clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pla748

Reaction score
2018 raptor with 802a package, bought on last November.

when remote startup or unlocking the door, the side rear view mirror made clicking, mainly on the driver side. at beginning this happens once a month, recently, more frequently, like every day. annoying. Worry about someday the motor will dead or some parts will break.

anyone here has the same problem? how do you solve it ?

Last edited:

ThatTorqueTho

Reaction score
I have this issue too, happens every few weeks when I hit the memory button for the seats. Keeps clicking and sets itself back to normal after a few seconds.

Would like feedback on this as well.

Mine is a 17’ for ref

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
I have this issue too, happens every few weeks when I hit the memory button for the seats. Keeps clicking and sets itself back to normal after a few seconds.

Mine is a 17’ for ref

have you ever drop by your dealer and have it checked up? generally, the problem happens only at unlocking and remote start.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be an issue with how the side mirror position settings are linked to a particular key fob. Try un-linking the key fob from all the memory positions to see if this helps solve the issue.

Instructions below on how to link and unlink key fobs from memory positions.

upload_2019-11-4_8-12-38.png

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Mine does the same when I hit the seat memory buttons too. I’ll try the unlinking thing.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
It may be an issue with how the side mirror position settings are linked to a particular key fob. Try un-linking the key fob from all the memory positions to see if this helps solve the issue.

Instructions below on how to link and unlink key fobs from memory positions.

View attachment 131895

thanks for the suggestion. I will try it later.
did some online research, just reset the seat memory. Let's see what's happening.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same issue. From what I gathered online, it seems to happen to tall drivers when the mirrors are set at wider angles. I adjusted mine in a little and that seemed to reduce the frequency of this happening. That said, it still does happen to me occasionally.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Mine is a 17’ for ref

Mine seems to do this every 3rd time or so. Didn't do it the first 1.5 years of ownership.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
This issue seems very popular, Ford should know it. Really dont understand why ford just let it out there and will not get it fixed.