GEN 2 mirror glass clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
this morning is cold, i applied remote start, 5 minutes later, when I went to the truck, and open the door. the mirror clicking again. OMG
I though the problem was solved by setting MYKEY. :(

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
wrote to FORD directly via facebook messages, and here is the reply. seems have to contact dealership first :(
---------------------------------
Thank you. For customers’ awareness, we run all the VINs we receive through our system to check for any active safety recalls or Customer Satisfaction Programs (CSPs) that may be currently associated with it. After running your VIN through our system, I do not see any relevant recalls or field service actions associated with your vehicle. If you would ever like to check for open recalls or outstanding field service actions, you may do so at the following link https://goo.gl/g9wwLB. In order to see what assistance we may be able to provide to you, we do ask that you have your vehicle assessed and diagnosed at a Ford dealership first. We recommend that your vehicle be inspected by a Ford dealership to determine the cause of any symptoms your vehicle may be experiencing. Your local Ford dealership has factory-trained technicians, the most current engineering service information, and the specialized equipment required to resolve your vehicle concerns. If there is no coverage under applicable warranties, recalls, or ESPs, repairs and services would be your responsibility. Your next step is to make an appointment with your servicing dealership to have your vehicle diagnosed.
Avni
Ford Service Team

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had this happen a couple of times and it was cured by hitting the mirror fold button and then hitting it again to fold out the mirrors. I think my mirror may have been bumped in a parking lot once and the other time hit a mesquite while desert running.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto. Same problem. Sometimes it happens several days in a row and than not for a week.
I fold my mirrors frequently when parking or getting the mail from the box.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one but it’s concerning Ford hasn’t recognized this.

Oh lastly... issue happens on both left and right mirror but never on both at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
I’ve had this happen a couple of times and it was cured by hitting the mirror fold button and then hitting it again to fold out the mirrors. I think my mirror may have been bumped in a parking lot once and the other time hit a mesquite while desert running.
Let’s see how long it could last. I think it’s a software issue, not mechanic

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
Ditto. Same problem. Sometimes it happens several days in a row and than not for a week.
I fold my mirrors frequently when parking or getting the mail from the box.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one but it’s concerning Ford hasn’t recognized this.

Oh lastly... issue happens on both left and right mirror but never on both at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, that’s my concern that Ford has been trying to be blind for years. When chatting with Ford customer service, i insisted let then take a look at my video clip, while the representative kept insistent to let me see my dealer. LOL

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list as well. Only the driver side mirror on my 2019 so far. I haven’t brought it to the dealer yet.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
finally, I cannot suffer the annoying clicking anymore, and expended sometime at local dealer.
they could not found any problem since this just randomly happens.
I have to leave my car at the service center once they got a loaner for me, maybe this Wednesday.

just feel more curious that this issue have been there for years, Ford authorized service man look surprised when I show them the video. :(

and I did more research, and unexpectedly it's not on the problem list .

http://www.carproblemzoo.com/ford/f-150/2018/

Gatorjam

Reaction score
It happens randomly on my 2018 Raptor and on my 2015 F-150 Lariat. It actually happened randomly on my Mustang too, seems like an across the board Ford issue

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happens to my 18 every once in a while when i hit the memory seat number. Dealer never gave me a real answer other than they couldn't replicate it.

I also notice if I tap the same memory seat number a few seconds after everything readjusts, the mirror moves a little... tap it again it readjusts again, and again.

This is only the drivers side mirror.