GEN 2 mirror glass clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
i solved this on a 2018 by updating the DDM and PDM modules firmware with IDS. they were several versions behind and it seems to have gone away. passenger side would do it somewhat often

what are the DDM/PDM/IDS ? :)
Very technical.
Did you updated the firmware at your dealership?

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
after three days working, last night my advisor called me in to pickup. however, when i was there the car is not there. My advisor went in, then got back to me ten minutes later, and told me the driver side window will not rise up. they need more time to fix it. OK then, I drove my loaner back home, and left my truck one more day.
this morning, I got a warning from FordPass, "POwertrain malfunction/reduced power". Then called in, my advisor told me that the car was experiencing a whole self testing, which could generate a false warning.
Is that true ? a self-testing could give a powertrain warning like this ?
any suggestion ? really worry about Fixing a little error result in a even worse fatal problem .

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
My car stay in service center for ten days. the technician could not fix it.
originally, it was dropped for fixing the rear view mirror, while now for the malfunction of driver side window.
what should i do now? any suggestion ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
they are trying to call the parts department to make sure they used correct module.
curious why they did not make sure before installation ?
really regret let them hands on my car. small defective escalated to a serious one.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
newest update:
it seems that they are using a new module instead of original module.
rear view mirror will keep popping when using the original module. while using the new module, the rear view mirror is fixed, but driver side window will not working correctly.
:( so wired.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
just got feedback from my service adviser. the service man used a new kind of module, and got with engineering and did an update and reflash of the module. Windows now roll up and down. and was recheck in the morning for outside mirror popping noise. Should be good to go today.
let's see.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
car got back last Wednesday, today is raining, and just found windshield wiper not working correctly. wiper arms twisted in a wired angle, and the blade over wiped outside the edge of the windshield, and hit the frame hardly and made loud noise. THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE, THERE MUST SOMETHING HAPPENED IN THE SERVICE CENTER. Have to make another appointment.
below is the report, no idea what it's saying. wish this will help.

rpt_1.jpg rpt_2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
NO NO NO NO, it does not work.
the problem came back again this morning. same symptom.
FORD SUCKS.