Jarrett's Truck 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Jarrett I'm looking at my first tubing bender. Looking at some JD squared stuff. What material do yall use for you bed cages,light bars ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good bender, it's what we use. We try to do everything out of 1.75" tubing. Materials depend on application.

For example, we do all our bed cages out of .095 and .120 wall DOM for the tubes and .120 wall 4130 Chromoly for the plate work.

Our bumpers are DOM plate work and mild steel for tubing.

My truck is 95% 1.75 in 4130 Chromoly with a few interior tubes for seats mounts that are 1.25' .120 wall 4130.

You will find that 4130 welds the best, but will give the bender a better workout vs. the DOM and Mild steel stuff.

It's really cool that you are taking an interest in learning this stuff. To be honest it's just a lot of practice. Please feel free to pick my brain anytime you need advice.

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Was able to get the rear skid plates, CBR Tranny cooler mount and tie-rods done today.

Only took pics of the skids, I'll get pics of the CBR and Tie-rods tomorrow.

1500x994_rear%20skid_1_zpswyuboqd4.png
1500x994_rear%20skid%202_zpselvfonbx.png

Jarrett

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Ya know people look at what I do for a living and say wow that's cool. To me it's my job or career and just another day. I take pride in what I do and my rep. That being said I'm bored!!! It's time for me to do/learn something new. I have built lots of simple things tools, welded/modified motorcycle frames and after buying this truck it has just opened a whole book of stuff I want to do and learn. Their is nothing in the world better than closing the shop door at the end of the day and looking at a creation you just finished, that is satisfaction for me. So if you can drive/jump/race your creation that is the high I crave!!! Thanks for answering all my questions again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been working on getting the rear paneling done over the past few days, and Sean was mocking up the front glass and plumbing the hard stainless brake lines for the truck. On Wednesday Drivelines Incorporated came out and measured for the driveshaft. We are proud to say it cycles about 25 inches of travel in the rear and only has 3/4" driveshaft plunge. Because of this we are able to run a 1 piece vs 2 piece. That means no center carrier bearing that has the potential to cause vibration at higher speeds.

Here are some pics of the progress.
1500x994_jv%20front%20glass%203_zps4qrhwslq.png
1500x994_jv_front%20glass1_zpsivjldzex.png
1500x994_jv%20front%20glass%202_zpsdwgbcl3n.png
rear%20panel_zpsqd7j99ub.png

I'll keep the pics and updates coming.

Jarrett

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
****! How much does this madness cost? I need to save my pennies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The sheet metal in the back is looking good. You doing all the forming and rolling yourself?

Thanks for the compliment, I do it all myself. It's all made from .060 aluminum and taking way more time than I would like.

Jarrett