JDM Tune vs. 5 Star Tunes: A Comparative Review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btouareg

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger and purchased JDM TUNE for my gen1.

can't wait to see what ppl here are talking about

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
I just recieved my JDM tune about 10 days ago... night and day difference--

@MattSVTM3 was spot on with is review. really appreciate him taking the time to write this up so thoroughly.​

btouareg

Reaction score
Finally got my JDM Tune today, i can tell you after driving the car for 100km today, all what Matt said is %100 right, if im going to write my review i will exactly say what he said.

Thumps up To Jim @ JDM, the shifting smoothness is unbelievable!!!!

JDM Tune

This tune is designed to increase throttle response, improve shift points & firmness, and have sporty drivability.

With this tune, there is an excellent balance of increasing throttle response and improving the shift feel. Compared to stock, I immediately felt an increase in throttle response. However, it was easily controllable, and I adapted to it quickly. The shifting is where the JDM tune truly shines. You can tell that they spent a significant amount of time focusing on shifting. The shift points are just right, and the shifting is very smooth, even smoother than stock.

Overall, daily driveability is where the JDM tune truly excels over the other tunes I have tested. It was just enough throttle response to make the truck feel quicker, but the smoothness of shifting won me over. This is the primary reason that this will continue to be the tune I use on my truck

Mineratron

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to compare and share, much appreciated. Much more valuable to me than a hundred comments on the facebook groups saying “go JDM bro, you won’t regret it! YOLO!” Or words to that effect.

I’m sure there’s lots of decent peeps on facebook (Gen 1 Raptor group is a good bunch) but versus Internet forums, you know what I mean. :p :favorites13: