What makes a Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Primez

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself with a thought provoking question: “what makes a Raptor?”

Is it the suspension?
The stance?
The engines?
The cool orange lights that everyone and their grandmothers have on their Taurus’ now?
Or is it just about sending a message to the other puny trucks on the road to move the F$&@ out of the way?

Anyways... I started on a journey many years ago with a goal of turning my 3.5 EB into a Raptor. At the time, the Gen 2s did not exist and I loved everything about the Raptor. I also loved my 2012 EB as the truck was fully loaded with every feature I could have ever asked for. However, I fell in love with the design of those trucks and the presence they had on the road. When the Gen2s came out, I knew immediately that when the time came, my 2012 FX4 would be getting the facelift as well.

Last year, I was lucky enough to have some free time on my hands and started this project...

The mod list of my truck is long and still very much underway.... but here’s some teasers of my progress. The truck currently has a complete OEM Gen 1 Raptor suspension swap and many other Raptor additions, like the auxiliary up fitter switches, etc. While this truck may truly never be a “Raptor,” it sure is getting pretty damn close I’d say. ;)

FWIW - I am posting on the Gen 1 forums because all of my mods are compatible with Gen 1 Raptors, so as I share what I’ve done, others here will be able to benefit from the most.

0767B5D6-17A6-4E74-B457-E6510B0151A4.jpeg

CF93B06E-727B-46AF-9931-CD2FC096362A.jpeg

281BCEB8-BD14-4DC9-9E54-C29E0BC68FE5.jpeg

971D27BC-9C8D-48E4-8913-CB4EEBBA0331.jpeg

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Nice truck! Yeah the biggest difference is the looks and the suspension of the Raptor, from their its some electronics, mechanical gearing, etc.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the work is nice it's a Raptor Imposter and really doesn't belong here with the purebreds. Maybe start a new forum for all the fake Raptors and the bums adding Raptor marker lights to their Prius and Toyota's.

I say BOO! Get this man a haterade!

Anyone can buy a Raptor. It takes time, effort and love to do this. I say good on ya man!

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to the h8ers; your truck is fantastic! Wish I could turn a wrench well enough to do what you can. There's another thread of where a guy put a crate Raptor motor into a 1966 F100. Stuff like this is amazing to me. Anyone with the cash (or credit) can buy a nice vehicle. Stuff like this takes talent.