What makes a Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Primez

Primez

Reaction score
Thoughts on the IWE delete? I did and am really happy with the results. RCV is solid.
I’m a fan. My only complaint is that if I roll from a road while in 4WD and into a parking lot that is paved, the transfer case takes some time to fully disconnect the axles. So turning into a gas station during a snowstorm gets ugly sometimes.

I am solving that by dropping in a TOD 4A Transfer Case.

I think that will help a lot with snow storms in Colorado. The plowing is inconsistent so you might find yourself switching between 4WD on and off.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sorry not sorry to all the SVT purists out there.

Your truck, do what you want. If you want raptor suspension and upkeep no one should fault you for that. Especially people who are themselves incapable of doing the work.

I think what most of the SVT purists dislike is when someone puts a bunch of SVT badges and stickers on a stock truck and tries to pass it off as a raptor.

OP
OP
Primez

Primez

Reaction score
I did the same thing with my 2012.

Awesome build! I never wanted to be an SVT or Raptor purist. Even when I look at my truck now, I don’t see “Raptor,” I just see my truck. Nothing special. but I’m happy with the work that I’ve done as well. It’s everyone else on the road who thinks it’s a Raptor.

I am a bit sick in the head though. Even if I bought a 40k Raptor, I would’ve spent 10-15k on aftermarket parts replacing all the factor stuff anyways. I can’t help but modify everything I own.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
be nice now. as you can see, he has done a lot of work to the truck. you have to acknowledge and admire the amount of time spent to modify a vehicle, no matter the vehicle. what you dont like, someone else will. and so the opposite is true too. people wrenching on their own vehicles is becoming like common sense...... its disappearing. throwing money at a problem or project just makes it someone elses problem or project. learning about how things work and why is the basis of most of us here on the forum. lots of people dont like the ecoboost, but its here to stay, so we have to deal with it. but be nice and welcome the new member. we have an ecoboost vs v8 thread somewhere...

Marcus should look no further than his own posts if he wants to see a steaming pile of shit. The dude is a miserable know-nothing troll who posts nothing but negative comments.

sdraptor

Reaction score
A Raptor you buy, it's labeled. Some are SVT most are not. Build your truck better then a Raptor as they are good off road truck from the dealership but not the best out there.

T3amfish

Your mom goes to college
Reaction score
Good build, your money, your truck, opinions are like ********, and most opinionated people ARE ********.

some people think a badge gives them the right to act a certain way. I say it gives nothing nothing more to anyone else.

we are here to enjoy the trucks and community. Wonder what the opinion would be if someone turned a raptor into a trophy truck? Does that make it a fake trophy truck?

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wonder what the opinion would be if someone turned a raptor into a trophy truck? Does that make it a fake trophy truck?

According to the elite members of the SVT fordraptorforum club that would be a criminal act, and it would no longer be a SVT raptor. it's only an SVT Raptor if it is original down to the little casting nubbins on the tire tread and has less than 8 miles. You arent allowed to enjoy your truck, only possess it.

And no one is allowed to make another truck resemble an SVT raptor, that is punishable by forced ******. Because it might somehow infringe on how special a "real" raptor is. Their individual rights, and the honorable tradition that is hot rodding has no right to use parts from an SVT!

Hide your 3.0's! That makes your truck a mutant, it must be destroyed!

/end sarcasm

Stick around @Primez You have more knowledge about the workings of this truck than a lot of people, that is a well worth tapping into.

Last edited: