Has anyone tried a behind the seat Subwoofer from Mobile Toys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copy. Working on it. Haven't seen my truck since Sat. Do I need a host to post a pic?

Drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blk91gt: How do you like it so far? Is it worth the time and money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I am definitely enjoying it. Installation is quite simple. It does require removing the Jack. To me it was worth it because I didn’t want to lose any of my floor space by putting a subwoofer under the seat. It delivers significantly more base and accuracy in my opinion.
I have not optimized the system and I am only running 500 W to it versus the suggested 1000. I am quite happy with the results just using 500 W. I may try to reinstall the rear carpet / pad. I believe I may be able to make it fit.

One thing that may be a concern to some is that when the seat is down there is plenty of room for Woofer throw. When you raise the seating portion to the up right position it causes the back portion of the seat to move back several inches. I am concerned in this configuration the Woofer throw may be enough to contact the back portion of the seat.
At the end of the day the box by itself is approximately $400 depending on the deal you get. The woofers are the rest. This is a sealed box so it’s not bloomy.If you listen to bass heavy music the 12s might be better. I listen to a wide range of music and wanted something a little more punchy I was told the 10s would be better for that.
Hope that helps. I am by no means an expert but the build quality looks pretty good.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
don’t quote me, but I talked to M/T yesterday and I believe a loaded single sub enclosure was ~$400, which is something I could budget for. The double was obviously more but of importance to me is that it looks like it will take up all the behind the seat room, not just some of it. Now I’m thinking more mods are in the works... :)

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Was that including sub? Sorry not up on the lingo... "loaded".

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I am definitely enjoying it. Installation is quite simple. It does require removing the Jack. To me it was worth it because I didn’t want to lose any of my floor space by putting a subwoofer under the seat. It delivers significantly more base and accuracy in my opinion.
I have not optimized the system and I am only running 500 W to it versus the suggested 1000. I am quite happy with the results just using 500 W. I may try to reinstall the rear carpet / pad. I believe I may be able to make it fit.

One thing that may be a concern to some is that when the seat is down there is plenty of room for Woofer throw. When you raise the seating portion to the up right position it causes the back portion of the seat to move back several inches. I am concerned in this configuration the Woofer throw may be enough to contact the back portion of the seat.
At the end of the day the box by itself is approximately $400 depending on the deal you get. The woofers are the rest. This is a sealed box so it’s not bloomy.If you listen to bass heavy music the 12s might be better. I listen to a wide range of music and wanted something a little more punchy I was told the 10s would be better for that.
Hope that helps. I am by no means an expert but the build quality looks pretty good.
Did you consider the 8” option? I understand that does not interfere with the seats.