Getting tired of the Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4everHP

Reaction score
I understand there are other threads about this.

I am looking for feedback on an alternative option to arguing with the dealers about this. I have the clunk. Multiple dealers say its normal. It is not normal. It is ridiculous. I like everything else about his truck. I am willing to pay to fix it.

Option 1 is the Live Valve Race 3.0 system. Who has done it? What is your experience? Is the ride firmer, softer, more or less of something? Those who have converted over, please share!!

Option 2: Has anyone had experience with have the factory Fox Shocks looked at by a rebuilder? I know it is a popular thing in powersports. Is there a shop that works on these shocks and can fix the clunk?

Any other options?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any other options?
Take a trip to San Antonio and park it at a hotel. Collect the insurance, buy another one with the updated shocks.

You could tape a 3' x 6' sign on the side of your truck and park it in front of the dealership. It could say something like "$80k for this POS and Ford won't fix it". Then call the local TV station ... :evil27:

Seriously, I wouldn't let those díckheads off the hook. At the very minimum, I'd let FMC know exactly how píssed off you are. Register a complaint. Have you taken a copy of the TSB in with you? If you give up, it means that the dealer wins and we all lose.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The definition of “normal” is very subjective. What is the build date of your truck? If it was built on or before 6/16/2022, then service message 50972 is applicable. The service message directs the dealer to isolate the affected shock(s) using chassis ears and replace as necessary.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Take a trip to San Antonio and park it at a hotel. Collect the insurance, buy another one with the updated shocks.

You could tape a 3' x 6' sign on the side of your truck and park it in front of the dealership. It could say something like "$80k for this POS and Ford won't fix it". Then call the local TV station ... :evil27:

Seriously, I wouldn't let those díckheads off the hook. At the very minimum, I'd let FMC know exactly how píssed off you are. Register a complaint. Have you taken a copy of the TSB in with you? If you give up, it means that the dealer wins and we all lose.

truck thievery is becoming more risky.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, the front end felt like something was loose going over bumps between 20-45 mph but now it doesn't happen anymore. Im currently sitting at 7,500 miles.

OP
OP

4everHP

Reaction score
The definition of “normal” is very subjective. What is the build date of your truck? If it was built on or before 6/16/2022, then service message 50972 is applicable. The service message directs the dealer to isolate the affected shock(s) using chassis ears and replace as necessary.
Thank you for the input. Yes, the truck was built 4/19/2022. You are right. "Normal" is subjective. However, I don't think this is right. You can hear and feel it.

OP
OP

4everHP

Reaction score
For me, the front end felt like something was loose going over bumps between 20-45 mph but now it doesn't happen anymore. Im currently sitting at 7,500 miles.
Thanks TX, mine seems to have gotten worse. I am currently just under 10k miles. I used to just notice it at slow speeds and worse in the cold. Now it's also present at higher speeds and temperature doesn't seem to matter anymore.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the input. Yes, the truck was built 4/19/2022. You are right. "Normal" is subjective. However, I don't think this is right. You can hear and feel it.
So being that you’re within the build date range the dealer should be following the bulletin to perform the NVH diagnosis and isolate the affected shock(s). If the dealers are not receptive to performing the diagnosis, call Ford Corporate and describe the issue and the bulletin that applies to your concern. They can often assist by contacting the dealer and setting up an appointment in your behalf to have the diagnosis performed.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand there are other threads about this.

I am looking for feedback on an alternative option to arguing with the dealers about this. I have the clunk. Multiple dealers say its normal. It is not normal. It is ridiculous. I like everything else about his truck. I am willing to pay to fix it.

Option 1 is the Live Valve Race 3.0 system. Who has done it? What is your experience? Is the ride firmer, softer, more or less of something? Those who have converted over, please share!!

Option 2: Has anyone had experience with have the factory Fox Shocks looked at by a rebuilder? I know it is a popular thing in powersports. Is there a shop that works on these shocks and can fix the clunk?

Any other options?
I would second ford tech one. I actually installed the race series as I was fed up too. I actually bought a new 37 and stock rides better. save your money.